Just my thought on 2k gems mount

Just wanna share my thoughts here. People getting triggeredwhen Gw2 introduce lagendary rank skin for USD25 saying it is too expensive and not worth it. They even said it is over price. Did they play other online games and see how the cosmetics stuff price over there? It is the average price for lagendary type skins with lots of modification. First is the rng lootbox and yea i am against that too but now that thats over, people move to the 2k gems skin. Why don't you complain both the rng and the 2k gems skin previously simultaneously? Why only now?Poor Anet having to deal between giving quality content (thus expensive gemstore price) vs giving cheaps content (thus cheap gemstore price). How can Anet growth to compete with other current and new MMORPG if like this. We demand more and expect more from Anet but did we ever ask to ourselves, "did we contribute enough?". Did you guys remember when before 2nd expension, we speculate a tengu race as the new race, and did you guys see how the dev response to that? They really have a tight budget.

@"Spax Exclipse.4970" said:Just wanna share my thoughts here. People getting triggeredwhen Gw2 introduce lagendary rank skin for USD25 saying it is too expensive and not worth it. They even said it is over price. Did they play other online games and see how the cosmetics stuff price over there? It is the average price for lagendary type skins with lots of modification. First is the rng lootbox and yea i am against that too but now that thats over, people move to the 2k gems skin. Why don't you complain both the rng and the 2k gems skin previously simultaneously? Why only now?Poor Anet having to deal between giving quality content (thus expensive gemstore price) vs giving cheaps content (thus cheap gemstore price). How can Anet growth to compete with other current and new MMORPG if like this. We demand more and expect more from Anet but did we ever ask to ourselves, "did we contribute enough?". Did you guys remember when before 2nd expension, we speculate a tengu race as the new race, and did you guys see how the dev response to that? They really have a tight budget.

Another game online I play where cosmetics things ARE the most pricey at times......I could buy from player shops after they spent real money to get the item...

Let me know when I can buy the 1 or 2 skins I want from the RNG Mount Crate ane we'll talk.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

@"Spax Exclipse.4970" said:Just wanna share my thoughts here. People getting triggeredwhen Gw2 introduce lagendary rank skin for USD25 saying it is too expensive and not worth it. They even said it is over price. Did they play other online games and see how the cosmetics stuff price over there? It is the average price for lagendary type skins with lots of modification. First is the rng lootbox and yea i am against that too but now that thats over, people move to the 2k gems skin. Why don't you complain both the rng and the 2k gems skin previously simultaneously? Why only now?Poor Anet having to deal between giving quality content (thus expensive gemstore price) vs giving cheaps content (thus cheap gemstore price). How can Anet growth to compete with other current and new MMORPG if like this. We demand more and expect more from Anet but did we ever ask to ourselves, "did we contribute enough?". Did you guys remember when before 2nd expension, we speculate a tengu race as the new race, and did you guys see how the dev response to that? They really have a tight budget.

Another game online I play where cosmetics things ARE the most pricey at times......I could buy from player shops after they spent real money to get the item...

Let me know when I can buy the 1 or 2 skins I want from the RNG Mount Crate ane we'll talk.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Mount_Adoption_License_30_Pack

Also as a bonus, you'll get another 28-29 skins for free!

The point here is that it is a discussion about price. If you think it is overpriced and not worth that amount of money, do not buy it.

@"Spax Exclipse.4970" said:Did they play other online games and see how the cosmetics stuff price over there? It is the average price for lagendary type skins with lots of modification. First is the rng lootbox and yea i am against that too but now that thats over, people move to the 2k gems skin. Why don't you complain both the rng and the 2k gems skin previously simultaneously? Why only now?

People did actually complain about the 2000 gem price for the first premium mount. Perhaps you overlooked it, but there was plenty of chatter regarding it on the forums. The comments on it did also come up in the actual feedback thread on the RNG mount boxes.

Poor Anet having to deal between giving quality content (thus expensive gemstore price) vs giving cheaps content (thus cheap gemstore price). How can Anet growth to compete with other current and new MMORPG if like this. We demand more and expect more from Anet but did we ever ask to ourselves, "did we contribute enough?". Did you guys remember when before 2nd expension, we speculate a tengu race as the new race, and did you guys see how the dev response to that? They really have a tight budget.

I think the best way to grow is to deliver quality content at a reasonable price. By reasonable, I mean you have to meet the consumers' expectations regarding the price of an item vs what they feel it is worth. People make the mistake of thinking that popping a higher price tag on something means it will make more money, but this isn't necessarily the case, especially when it comes to digital items. Sometimes you make more, by selling more at a cheaper price, than you do selling very little at a premium price. After all, premium prices tend to cater to a very small minority and filter out a lot of potential spenders through a high price wall. You also have to consider that digital items are not like real world manufactured items, which have a manufacturing cost per unit. This means they are only created once, and then distributed up to an infinite amount of times thereafter, with no extra manufacturing costs, so to speak. It means there's a lot more flexibility regarding pricing. If there is one problem with the older prices, it might be that lower gem store prices made it easier to to buy items with gold as opposed to money, so re-balancing the gold to gem conversion might be a more viable tactic to increase sales than simply increasing the prices by drastic margins.

Another part of player expectations come from long standing trends. ANet has always released skins for no more than 800 gems, with only packs with multiple items really going higher in price than that. To now suddenly break that long standing trend by introducing prices that are over 200% higher than normal expectations is obviously going to be a big shock to the system, so to speak. Perhaps it wouldn't have been as bad if ANet simultaneously released normal priced mounts between 600 to 800 gems that weren't part of an RNG box, but they did not, and so some consumers are left scratching their heads, with nothing to spend their disposable income on. There is no happy middle ground here.

You see, you're making the mistake of confusing an 'unwillingness to spend', with an unwillingness to be 'ripped off'. I myself am happy to contribute to a game I enjoy, but that contribution will never, ever come in the form of a 2000 gems purchase for one mount skin. Again, it's a matter of value in the eyes of the consumer. Perhaps some are fine with the new prices, but don't be surprised if some are not.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:

The point here is that it is a discussion about price. If you think it is overpriced and not worth that amount of money, do not buy it.

Well of course. I didn't put a copper into the rng thing.Just stating the problem would not have been an issue if people could've sold the mounts.

@Ayumi Spender.1082 said:

Well of course. I didn't put a copper into the rng thing.Just stating the problem would not have been an issue if people could've sold the mounts.

If people could sell the mounts, it would devaluate the value. If you have read Mo's latest response, you see that they generate more money with expansive skins then with cheap skins. True, less people will buy one if it is expensive, but that also contributes to the uniqueness.The question is if you believe him. Personally I think it is not fully true. Let's compare it to the car market.The lower and mid range brands have a high risk. Currently, some are in the plus, but some others are very deep in the red.The high range brands have a much steadier income and almost always making profit. So assuming this is the same with skins. perhaps the main reason is that it gives a more steady and reliable flow of profit. Development of payed expansions has always been very risky, so I can imagine they want less risk on the micro transactions.

This still mean you will not get the skin you want for the price you want. But that is not something the game should be concerned about.

Archived