[Suggestion] More emotes in game

Kalli.4506

I am one of those who enjoy playing around with emotes while waiting for something or just for fun when socializing. I got really surprised and a bit dissapointed that a big game like GW2 had so few emotes.Having more animated emotes to play around with would be really fun, it is also a fun way to express some of your characters personality for those who like that.

I think adding some more standard emotes would be a good idea and the rest could be like 'exclusive' emotes for gems. I wouldnt mind spending gems on a emote pack with alot of different animated emotes in it. It could be anything from different sitting poses to eat/drink, pass out, blow a kiss, pick your nose, you name it. And if you want to make more money you could release more emote packs.

To make it lazyfriendly to use, it would be cool to implement a emote-skill bar where you can access all your unlocked emotes. Ofcourse you will be able to open/hide it by clicking on a button that is placed somewhere smart or by a keybind.

What emotes would you like to see in the game?

I for one welcome the idea of gem store emote packs (though I do say that as a 100% biased gem store whale). Having recently been playing both ESO and Final Fantasy XIV, alongside some other Asian MMO's, there few emotes GW2 does have are very.... I want to say lacking but I don't think that's the right way to put it.

I'm playing a game right now that has interactive emotes, where one character can perform emotes directly with another character (not just near them or in their general direction), and it adds so much immersion and (for those in to it) role play potential.

It would be nice to see GW2 grow in this regard, allowing us more ways to express ourselves in the world.

I would say it feels a bit suppressed with so few emotes.I played a japanese mobile MMO once and it had tons of emotes, it even had a emote where the character stumbled and fell to the ground while running.

Interactive emotes are really cool. An MMO i played years ago had an emote where you could pick up and hold other characres but only if the other player approved it.

Yes, the game could definitely do with some more emotes. As I recall, the batch that they added during LS3 were well-received. I kinda miss /rude from WoW for when some NPC is being a tosser and/or forcing me to sit through a monologue before the inevitable fight. Being able to properly sit down should be a must, especially for female characters, because that weird one-armed yoga pose they do looks silly, uncomfortable, and definitely doesn't work on chairs.

I also wouldn't mind an /afk toggle like in WoW.

@Irreverent.3594 said:Really doubt they will spend resources on free new emotes.So a themed 5 (or more) emote pack with quality emotes for like 400 gems...Yeah i can dig it.

That's fine.Everything which is not part of the content ( all the EXTRAS ) could be put in gemstore ( and the bundle price, though is a suggestion, is nice. More or less 100g ).

@rapthorne.7345 said:I for one welcome the idea of gem store emote packs (though I do say that as a 100% biased gem store whale). Having recently been playing both ESO and Final Fantasy XIV, alongside some other Asian MMO's, there few emotes GW2 does have are very.... I want to say lacking but I don't think that's the right way to put it.

I'm playing a game right now that has interactive emotes, where one character can perform emotes directly with another character (not just near them or in their general direction), and it adds so much immersion and (for those in to it) role play potential.

It would be nice to see GW2 grow in this regard, allowing us more ways to express ourselves in the world.

I would strongly dislike the idea of something that should be free ingame being put in a gemstore.Look at gw1 and the amount of emotes we had there,theres no valid reason to put these up in the gemstore.Ive only seen the bad asian f2p mmo's do this for a quick greedy cashgrab.

@Caedmon.6798 said:I would strongly dislike the idea of something that should be free ingame being put in a gemstore.Look at gw1 and the amount of emotes we had there,theres no valid reason to put these up in the gemstore.Ive only seen the bad asian f2p mmo's do this for a quick greedy cashgrab.

FFXIV is sub only and they have emotes on the mogstation for people to buy. One emote is around £4 something I think. Not even multiple emotes, just one emote. People buy them. Granted, no one adds content like FFXIV does and they've added a load of emotes for free, a lot of them even getting their own quest chain.

I wouldn't be against GW2 putting them in the cash shop purely for the fact that that is where the game makes most of its money. It's a big want for a lot of people so not cashing in on it would stupid from a business standpoint. For example, seasonal emotes, like a Halloween emote pack would sell extremely well I think.

@Reinthir.1349 said:I wouldn't be against GW2 putting them in the cash shop purely for the fact that that is where the game makes most of its money. It's a big want for a lot of people so not cashing in on it would stupid from a business standpoint. For example, seasonal emotes, like a Halloween emote pack would sell extremely well I think.

I fully agree. They are cashing in on outfits so why not on emote packs that imo are much more fun and useful than outfits.I really like the idea of seasonal emote packs. A Halloween emote pack could contain a /exorcist emote where the characters head rotate, a new dance, /levitate, /zombiewalk and other stuff like that.

Archived