Why is Chaos Armor not an Aura?

hornswroggle.8023

Hi all

I've been enjoying my time in Fractals as Heal-Auramancer a lot.

There's just one odd thing:I can share every Aura and its boons and benefits, except chaos armor. This aura is created when leaping or blasting an Æther field, but it doesn't get shared with Powerful Aura nor does it heal via Elemental Bastion.That's annoying because I really like Mesmers in my group but don't want to have to dodge their fields and especially their wells.

Is that intentional or just an oversight? And if the former: Why?!

@Dadnir.5038 said:This is a mystery that goes along with:

• why don't we get a dark aura when leaping in dark field?
  • why stealth isn't an aura?
  • why don't we get a poison aura when leaping in a poison field?

I want to answer that it's an oversight but I think it's intentionnal.

Well Dark Aura and poison aura dont exist. Dark leap is Blind, poison leap is weakness. Yes new auras would be cool and these 2 leaps are pretty weak in comparison but that's another topic.Stealth is not an aura, because it's way too powerful of a mechanic to be shareable. Also Stealth stacks duration while auras don't. Also Auras have an effect when the subject gets hit, stealth doesn't.All of which applies to Chaos armor.

@"Loboling.5293" said:https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chaos_Armor

Wiki says it's an Aura. And It's always worked like one.

Yes wiki says it. but wiki is false. I've tried in guild arena and in live fractals: It does not count as an aura for either of the 4 Aura traits of ele. (Elemantal Bastion, Invigorating Torrent, Zephyrs Boon, and Powerful Aura)

Edit: What you linked is actually the mesmer staff skill. If you follow the link to the effect (which is universal) you will see that the Ele traits in question are not linked to it. Which is the correct repersentation.

Archived