power scourge?

Sovereign.1093

Cele is already very strong.It is not on the same level with vipers for pve reasons. But strong in wvw, enough for dungeons.I would not necessarily run it in high fractals tho, as I feel the performance is not good enough for that purpose.

If you have your own fractals group, don't mind my opinion. Really many things work well enough to do high fractals in a reasonable amount of time.

(+ I won't cover open world. As almost anything gets done that part of the game)

@Aetatis.5418 said:Cele is already very strong.It is not on the same level with vipers for pve reasons. But strong in wvw, enough for dungeons.I would not necessarily run it in high fractals tho, as I feel the performance is not good enough for that purpose.

If you have your own fractals group, don't mind my opinion. Really many things work well enough to do high fractals in a reasonable amount of time.

(+ I won't cover open world. As almost anything gets done that part of the game)

Cele isnt anywhere near being good.You get 639 overall stats i guess? - Pretty bad

Not enough to do decent power dmg, and not enough to do decent condi dmg.

the healing power is okayish. Since it makes barrier from heal 5k and from f3 2,5k but i can get to that amount with a crusader/marauder- mix and do way more dmg than cele scourge.

Or the same thing, go with apothecracy/trailblaizer-mix and do way more dmg than cele scourge.

For me, Cele is for players, that dont want to think about their build or are too lazy for that. And just want to play scourge, because its said to be broken, which it actually really isnt.

Rev is way more broken then, since he can do over 10k hits on 3,2k armor people

Cele is very good in wvw.I am constantly top 3 DPS and burst. T1 and T2 EUThe combination of condition damage and power suits me very good. 1200 cond damage ( I think I have vipers weapons and amulet), 1900 power, 35% crit chance, 190% crit damage, 2450 armor, 24000 life.

For hardcore raidguilds this might not apply, especially when they fight outnumbered and need better sustain (cond damage and better defense).

And pve related. Ya maybe it is lazy style. But for anything not competitive good enough and not too slow.

I am not sure if full power is a good idea on scourge. In imagine a good AOE burst, but no sustained DMG.For any situation in which you need a 5 sec AOE burst I would imagine it being competitive.Besides that... Nah.I am sure one could do 80% of the games content, but nothing gamebreaking here. Nothing a different build couldnt do a lot better (which is necro theme... Err meme anyway).

For wvw on a scourge running soul reaping and curses, the strongest stats in order are condi damage, power, ferocity/precision, and expertise coming in last due to cleansing/resist. And having enough toughness/vitality for your desired level of survivability. Power scourge works okay, but is miles behind reaper.

Cele has by far the highest damage output and group utility in wvw, just gotta prioritize the correct food/runes etc.

Ah whatever. Cele is shit. Believe it or not.

Ill be loving to fight and kill all these cele guys and show them, that its trash.

Funfact. Today evening ill be eu tier 1 wvw.

U need either more armor and health to deal dmg. Or better stats than cele.

Sure u are always top dps. Im always at the top. Know why? Arc-dps isnt working correctly in wvw.

And dps isnt all. Dmg on whole is what you should look for

total dmg dealt... same picture. top 3lets say my arc dps is wrong because it runs on my end and ups my dmg.i am still in the top 3 on somebody elses arc dps (one of our commanders is running it quite often, and guildmates aswell).

not quite on topic anymore.and i dont have to convince anybody of anything. my performance is very good with celestial, thats the most important part.

I tried these variants of scourge ...Trailblazer condi.... wvw condi tank into pug groups, big sustain coz of parasitic contagion and condi spam, corrupted boons... after condi nerf is weakerCelestial condi... wvw hybrid, after condi nerf better variant then trailblazer, focusing more on corrupting then raw condi dmg, nice sustain, multifunctionViper condi ... condi pve variant, now longer ramp but still good dps (not for elite raid ), bad for wvw, die too fast.. (condi reaper was suitable with viper, scourge dont have shroud to hide into, so full viper is one big no into wvw)Berserker(valkyrie) power ... into pve is not good variant... reaper is still better... into wvw u can take it like support for barrier and boon corrupt... and some option to tag... but it cant provide more then condi / cele variant. Maybe i will try to try more pure glass variant... but i think it will be too squishy...

@Aetatis.5418 said:total dmg dealt... same picture. top 3lets say my arc dps is wrong because it runs on my end and ups my dmg.i am still in the top 3 on somebody elses arc dps (one of our commanders is running it quite often, and guildmates aswell).

not quite on topic anymore.and i dont have to convince anybody of anything. my performance is very good with celestial, thats the most important part.

Ah well. So you dont have many spellbreakers?

Cause if you have, you dont need that many corrupts.

And if you still do. Your spellbreakers suck xD

I tested cele scourge like 2 hours. And it didnt feel good to play for me and the dmg outpout wasnt better than my viper/trailblaizer-mix scourge

I tested cele it again. I was at no time anywhere near top dps. Trailblaizer or dire necros were top dps (better to say, all dmg done)

I switched back to my normal build, and instant got my number 1 back.

So: cele IS freakin bad. If you reach top dps with cele. I think either all other scourges in your zerg suck, or they dont know how to play, or everyone is playing this useless build

Tried Power Scourge and it felt really sturdy but damage wise it was ok but not great when you compared it to the specs condi build. For me when I tried it there was inconsistencies with the Desert Shroud damage tooltip and what it actually done.

Playstyle wise I just used it like the old Necro well bomber where I was using the shades like a extra well(s). But Desert Shroud was hitting for over 1.5k less than the tooltip stated it should be doing per pulse. Because of that I scrapped it and joined the condi club on my scourge and use power on my reaper.

@Scarran.9845 said:Tried Power Scourge and it felt really sturdy but damage wise it was ok but not great when you compared it to the specs condi build. For me when I tried it there was inconsistencies with the Desert Shroud damage tooltip and what it actually done.

Playstyle wise I just used it like the old Necro well bomber where I was using the shades like a extra well(s). But Desert Shroud was hitting for over 1.5k less than the tooltip stated it should be doing per pulse. Because of that I scrapped it and joined the condi club on my scourge and use power on my reaper.

Were you hitting into protection?

I ran something like this for kicks and giggles: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vRAQRBIhd+1JRvQzNYpNgrNAbvYZZw0Drn12K1N4IkDmmBBgXAA-jZxHQByrMwZ2fQhnAgvdQAAwTAAA

If you dropped the rez well for dagger speed, you could take a different rune, but life without +25% movement speed is horrific. It wasn't very effective, but it was pretty tanky given how ridiculous the scaling is on barrier. This version has pretty bad condi clear, though. I honestly used to run Death Magic over Blood Magic and go 2-3-2 for further bulk with condi cleanse and spike damage on F4 (since inflicting condis on scourge is piss easy even with full power weapons l o l). Also, Signet of Undeath is THE STRONG. The extra LF from just slapping it onto your bar is truly insane. It's so dumb. I never want for LF even if I spam really hard. Good ol' GW2.

Basically, all you do for the big whammy combo is watch for some unwary target, pull with Spectral Grasp and then spam everything (elite and F4 are most important). Pretty standard fare for GW2, you know. Spectral Grasp is also hilarious in how it can yank deadeyes or anyone camping at a distance all the way to the center of a fight. Any time I use it, it's almost guaranteed to pull at least 2 people from, like, 1000 range away. Half second cast-time with no warning; also more life force because why not. Top tier skill design. By the way, Dagger 2 is a second healing skill that can also finish people by dealing something like 3k damage. I mean, the damage modifiers on Dagger 2 are only 25% less than Axe 2, and Axe 2 does like 5k damage on some targets. Game's insane. The only reason this build doesn't roll kids consistently is because its main spikes take 2s and can't be cast from 1200+ range while stealthed. Also the pull relies on fighting people with stability, however, stability is just water in a bathtub within GW2, and this scourge build doesn't really corrupt boons.

Oh yeah, I'm not sure if Scourge power damage was nerfed on F4 and the elite, though. If it was indeed stealth nerfed, then this build is trashbinned for real.

Archived