[SUGGESTION] Food / Utility Buffs

usnedward.9023

Not sure if this has ever been asked but here goes:Many consumable boosts you can consume and they stack. Whether XP or other boosts.Food and Utility have primers that allow you to use once and cover you for 12 hours which saves you gold if you are using expensive food / utility buffs.Why can we not stack food and utility buffs? Say maybe use enough to stack for four hours or so.Just curious but think that would be a splendid idea instead of mid fight you have to consume again.

And then you accidentally click on the wrong thing in your inventory, or a food tray someone put out, and all of that built up time is wasted as it overwrites with something else.

I think that's the reason why it doesn't stack duration. It limits the amount you can lose by one small mistake.

Yes, I agree. I think something needs to be done with food/utility application. It's a very clunky mechanism as it is at the moment. It's extremely surprising it hasn't been changed (or was even put in place that way in the first place), especially in lieu of their mantra before/at/around release in terms of all the quality of life options GW2 will have for players.

Being able to cumulatively increase during by consuming multiple food of at once (like is already in-game for many other consumable items) seems like it would be the simplest and easiest option to implement.

@Palador.2170 said:And then you accidentally click on the wrong thing in your inventory, or a food tray someone put out, and all of that built up time is wasted as it overwrites with something else.

I think that's the reason why it doesn't stack duration. It limits the amount you can lose by one small mistake.

Not sure how you accidentally click something in your inventory as it requires a double click. As for food set out it requires interaction yet again to apply. Most people make their own food anyway so I think it would pose less of issue than one might think. I carry one food and one utility per toon and shared inv for the types I may want to use. In the heat of the battle whether it is raids or WvW or general PvP I know I tend to forget to recharge it :P

Archived