How can I get away from T1/T2?

Hello all,I'm wondering how I can tell what world is going to be paired with another in matchups. I joined AR because it seemed like a great way to get out of Tier 1, turns out I have been paired with very competitive worlds and have been unable to escape the higher tier wvw experience. I'm just rather desperate about now and really want to know if there is something in the works that will possibly give me some kind of reprieve from this. Sorry for asking something so silly, I'm just really bad at searching through forums.

If you join any of the "partner" worlds, you can safely assume that they will get linked with a T1 or T2 world.

Even if that weren't true, T4 worlds sometimes become T1-2 (and due to the small bit of randomness in match-ups, it's possible for a bottom tier to end up playing in the next tier up and a top tier to end up a tier down, so it's quite possible for a server bopping between T1 and T2 can end up fighting a world that is T4, occasionally rising to T3).

PS it doesn't sound like a silly question; T1 isn't everyone's cup of tea.

@Boreas The North.1892 said:

@"Illconceived Was Na.9781" said:If you join
any
of the "partner" worlds, you can safely assume that they will get linked with a T1 or T2 world.

Is there a list somewhere of partner worlds? I'd like to try and get into a low tier, "leader" world or whatever they are called

Your best bet is something like:http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/

Primary worlds in T4 are: HoD, NSP, and TC.However, there are some oddities. Notably, JQ is currently playing in T3 but it's more consistently ranked in T1 (long story why it's in T3 this week).

@Boreas The North.1892 said:Hello all,I'm wondering how I can tell what world is going to be paired with another in matchups. I joined AR because it seemed like a great way to get out of Tier 1, turns out I have been paired with very competitive worlds and have been unable to escape the higher tier wvw experience. I'm just rather desperate about now and really want to know if there is something in the works that will possibly give me some kind of reprieve from this. Sorry for asking something so silly, I'm just really bad at searching through forums.

join nsp =)

@Boreas The North.1892 said:Hello all,I'm wondering how I can tell what world is going to be paired with another in matchups. I joined AR because it seemed like a great way to get out of Tier 1, turns out I have been paired with very competitive worlds and have been unable to escape the higher tier wvw experience. I'm just rather desperate about now and really want to know if there is something in the works that will possibly give me some kind of reprieve from this. Sorry for asking something so silly, I'm just really bad at searching through forums.

Hun there is no escape. I left a T1 to get away from stalemate/que-times but someone deemed those of us on smaller servers to be usable fodder for the cool kids. Best that you can do is just sit out the really bad match-ups like so many of us are doing these days. Its the only way to stay sane rather than just getting frustrated and venting in the forum. Trust me, been there done that like so many others and it just falls on deaf ears.

@Kamara.4187 said:

Hun there is no escape. I left a T1 to get away from stalemate/que-times but someone deemed those of us on smaller servers to be usable fodder for the cool kids. Best that you can do is just sit out the really bad match-ups like so many of us are doing these days. Its the only way to stay sane rather than just getting frustrated and venting in the forum. Trust me, been there done that like so many others and it just falls on deaf ears.

Yep, agree completely. Just go away and wait until you're clear of that T1/T2 scenario. Remember...you voice your opinion most noticeably with your feet.

AR was YB's first link and I think this is the third (maybe fourth) time we've been paired. Always very glad to be linked with AR. We're in T3 this week so that should feel a bit better. Even chance we will stay there as we tend to slip during mid-late week these days. In common with most servers, the majority of YB probably would rather not go to T1 but the odd week there is a penance that's hard to avoid. T2 is generally fun although personally I think T3 is currently the sweet spot.

The thing is, with only four tiers and 1up/1down the whole playing field has been flattened (which was the intention). T1 is distorted by the out-of-control monster that is Blackgate but other than that there's not a huge difference between the experience in T2-T4. Not sure it would be worth moving just to find the game feels much the same anyway.

Archived