Current Events and the Story

Durzlla.6295

@Durzlla.6295 said:

@Anna.7845 said:i think the Commander is currently helping fend off portals as Ridhais has a line like ''they were no match for the knight of the thorn'' and the Commander has that title so yea, we're fighting Joko's awakened forces in Tyria.

That’s what I was thinking, especially with waypoints being canon.

Their existence is canon, they don't work 100% the same

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Anna.7845 said:i think the Commander is currently helping fend off portals as Ridhais has a line like ''they were no match for the knight of the thorn'' and the Commander has that title so yea, we're fighting Joko's awakened forces in Tyria.

That’s what I was thinking, especially with waypoints being canon.

Their existence is canon, they don't work 100% the same

In Lore don’t you have to get to a waypoint first and then can use it to teleport to another one?

I would argue no. Elona won't have many accessible waypoints in lore - we or other Tyrians would have to bring them with us, tbh.

Though Kerida (and apparently Ridhais) do call us Commander, this is little different than Laranthir calling us Commander during the Mouth of Mordremoth fight, which we know happens while the Commander is in Mordremoth's mind (unless the fight really does happen three times to fit in Laranthir's two versions of dialogue with the story instance).

These open world NPCs calling us Commander seems to me to be ArenaNet's response to players bashing on the personal story and on Trahearne "stealing the spotlight" - about how the personal story "isn't about us" yada yada. Open world in core content has always referred to the PCs as "just another adventurer" and not "the Commander" except in some very rare cases, which are usually nods to progressing the personal story.

The same way the raids are being done not by the Commander but "a group of raiders that work with Glenna now."

I wouldn't count it out entirely. I share Konig's skepticism about waypoints actually existing just outside of the Desolation and Vabbi's busiest hubs, but on the other hand there's still potentially months passing between each LW update, and we know there's airships and ship ships moving between Amnoon and LA now. It wouldn't take too long for the Commander to get back to Core Tyria even without waypoints, and knowing that Awakened are running amok there could be a powerful inducement to do so.

(Besides, I suspect that we're about at the limit of what our little band can accomplish in Elona by itself. Unless we're doubling down to commit fully to this Sunspear uprising, I expect we'll be heading back home to directly gather military backing next episode, or at least sending members of our party to do so.)

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:I wouldn't count it out entirely. I share Konig's skepticism about waypoints actually existing just outside of the Desolation and Vabbi's busiest hubs, but on the other hand there's still potentially months passing between each LW update, and we know there's airships and ship ships moving between Amnoon and LA now. It wouldn't take too long for the Commander to get back to Core Tyria even without waypoints, and knowing that Awakened are running amok there could be a powerful inducement to do so.

(Besides, I suspect that we're about at the limit of what our little band can accomplish in Elona by itself. Unless we're doubling down to commit fully to this Sunspear uprising, I expect we'll be heading back home to directly gather military backing next episode, or at least sending members of our party to do so.)

Next map is Elona tho

@Fenom.9457 said:

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:I wouldn't count it out entirely. I share Konig's skepticism about waypoints actually existing just outside of the Desolation and Vabbi's busiest hubs, but on the other hand there's still potentially months passing between each LW update, and we know there's airships and ship ships moving between Amnoon and LA now. It wouldn't take too long for the Commander to get back to Core Tyria even without waypoints, and knowing that Awakened are running amok there could be a powerful inducement to do so.

Next map is Elona tho

Did that get confirmed? I must've missed it.

Wouldn't necessarily stop us from having an instance or two outside the new map, though. I think it's pretty standard for our first one, at least, to be somewhere old.

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:

Next map is Elona tho

Wouldn't necessarily stop us from having an instance or two outside the new map, though. I think it's pretty standard for our first one, at least, to be somewhere old.

Still possible know I. And yes new map is Dajkah Isles

@Fenom.9457 said:

Next map is Elona tho

Is that confirmed confirmed, or another leak? 'Cause there were a few people convinced we'd be going to Bahdza in the first episode.

@Aaron Ansari.1604 said:

Next map is Elona tho

Is that
confirmed
confirmed, or another leak? 'Cause there were a few people convinced we'd be going to Bahdza in the first episode.

Definitely real, there was even a picture. We'll probably find out in about 2 weeks anyway

Archived