Missing heart in Desolation?

@"Donari.5237" said:You're probably not noticing the one just west of the Village of Purity. There's the heart -in- the village, where you kill wasps and spiders etc, and the heart immediately west, where you kill Awakened and tear down propaganda.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/The_Desolation has a list of all map completion items.

Just checked the map you posted, apparently the one i'm missing is far to the southwest at Sand Jackal Run. Do I need something to make it appear? Since i'm not seeing it in game. Perhaps story gated or something?

Oh that one! No, you can do it early, but you have to get up top to where the heart is. (Actually I'm not positive that you can do it before you have previous mounts, as jackal was the last one I got before griffon -- you might at least have to have skimmer to have a chance of getting to the stairs up to the djinn air palace). Once you get to the wp there, look east. Find stairs spiraling up with sand cascading down them, and get up the stairs, you'll find the djinn heart vendor there. You can borrow jackals to use to complete the heart.

@Donari.5237 said:Oh that one! No, you can do it early, but you have to get up top to where the heart is. (Actually I'm not positive that you can do it before you have previous mounts, as jackal was the last one I got before griffon -- you might at least have to have skimmer to have a chance of getting to the stairs up to the djinn air palace). Once you get to the wp there, look east. Find stairs spiraling up with sand cascading down them, and get up the stairs, you'll find the djinn heart vendor there. You can borrow jackals to use to complete the heart.

Did a bit more checking, that heart doesn't even show up until you have the Springer or Skimmer at mastery level 3, well I got the waypoint near it. So i'll just return later for it.

Archived