WvW Alliance Guild Hall

blade eyes.2034

I'm loving the idea of the new system that Arena-net wants to apply. With that new system, everyone who is from the same Guild can play with each other without having to worry about what server they're on. :) However, I'm not sure if that will be enough change to make WvW exciting again. Thus, here is just a random idea for Arena-net and everyone else to partake in. I have been thinking how awesome it would be if each of the 3 Alliance had a Guild Hall in WvW as headquarter for them to meet each others, and work on upgrading the Guild Hall for more reward for the Guilds that are part of that Alliance. In addition, allow decorations upgrade for those Guild Hall. I know that people will fear the use of decorations as way to block the gate etc, but what if the decorations can be destroyed with 1 hit, so that won't be a problem for the attackers. Furthermore, perhaps before an enemy is allowed to attack the Guild Hall of the Alliance, maybe they have to capture 3 keep in the borderland before they can do so. Finally, perhaps bring back the orb idea, where 1 person would carry the orb from the Guild Hall, back to theirs, which will leave the enemies Guild Hall in a ruined state, until the orb is brought back to the Crystal in the Guild Hall.

Just a thought

Each of the 3?

You seem to be confusing alliances for worlds. Alliances (a group of guilds) is not one of the 3 fighting sides in a WvW matchup. They only make up a minor part of a world (a server, or one of the 3 sides). World guild halls is pointless. Your worlds "guild hall" is quite literally your home border keep. Or SM if you prefer that.

Now, should alliances have their own actual guild hall? Thats another question. And the answer is, technically they do. A guild create an alliance, that guild have a hall (probably) - the alliance guild hall. I dont see any issues or limitation on adding a "Alliance Hall" button to the alliance tab. You'd just enter the main guilds hall. The only issue is that a hall has a rough ~50 player cap before it start instancing, unlike PvE zones. So you couldnt really get everyone there anyway.

Archived