Hey ANET any word on what you plan to do about the rampant cheating going on in ranked?

Devilman.1532

you know all that win trading, match manipulation of all kinds, people paying other to throw matches etc... Is there any plan AT ALL do ever do anything about this? Has there ever been? I'm not even trying to bust your chops here for once. I really do want to know as I am sure everyone else does. Do you have a plan? Its been going on for a very long time you know ;)

If they didn't stop AFKers in matches in 2015 (when it was a fad) let that pot boil over to a nightmare scenario and then doubled down on that by making the game free to Play (also diminishing it's respect in the gaming community) AND THEN not devoting any amount of resources to manage a free to play game, OR show any interest in protecting their players time and experience....what on earth leads you to believe they are suddenly going jump up and fix the obvious?

That ship sailed a long time ago when there were enough players present to set a precedent. Anything they do now would have minimal impact, go unnoticed, and for a laundry list of reasons it largely wouldn't make a difference because of the last 3 years of, "can't be bothered to give a damn"

I doubt they have the resources needed to handle the mess they've let grow out of control....but then again, I guess all things have a right to grow.

@"Taltevus.3289" said:If they didn't stop AFKers in matches in 2015 (when it was a fad) let that pot boil over to a nightmare scenario and then doubled down on that by making the game free to Play (also diminishing it's respect in the gaming community) AND THEN not devoting any amount of resources to manage a free to play game, OR show any interest in protecting their players time and experience....what on earth leads you to believe they are suddenly going jump up and fix the obvious?

That ship sailed a long time ago when there were enough players present to set a precedent. Anything they do now would have minimal impact, go unnoticed, and for a laundry list of reasons it largely wouldn't make a difference because of the last 3 years of, "can't be bothered to give a kitten"

I doubt they have the resources needed to handle the mess they've let grow out of control....but then again, I guess all things have a right to grow.

Sadly I do not disagree with you. From the beginning they have given this community the finger and have seemed disinterested in doing anything to deal with the problems and make improvements. In a way its like they reward this horrible behavior.... maybe it's us that have got it all wrong and are doing it wrong by playing fair and honest.. lol ;) I just don't know man..

@Taltevus.3289 said:If they didn't stop AFKers in matches in 2015 (when it was a fad) let that pot boil over to a nightmare scenario and then doubled down on that by making the game free to Play (also diminishing it's respect in the gaming community) AND THEN not devoting any amount of resources to manage a free to play game, OR show any interest in protecting their players time and experience....what on earth leads you to believe they are suddenly going jump up and fix the obvious?

If the company didnt hear the silly minority players that spammed the forums 24/7 , in order to bring the ''mechanics'' from other ''succeful'' games (such as the notion that winner takes all , and if you loose the game for 1 point , you dont get anything) and that they should stop reinventing the wheels .... then the community woulddnt give up from the first teamfight and let the other team to win faster , so every1 can get in a new match

@Killthehealersffs.8940 said:

@Taltevus.3289 said:If they didn't stop AFKers in matches in 2015 (when it was a fad) let that pot boil over to a nightmare scenario and then doubled down on that by making the game free to Play (also diminishing it's respect in the gaming community) AND THEN not devoting any amount of resources to manage a free to play game, OR show any interest in protecting their players time and experience....what on earth leads you to believe they are suddenly going jump up and fix the obvious?

If the company didnt hear the silly minority players that spammed the forums 24/7 , in order to bring the ''mechanics'' from other ''succeful'' games (
such as the notion that winner takes all , and if you loose the game for 1 point , you dont get anything
) and that they should stop reinventing the wheels .... then the community woulddnt give up from the first teamfight and let the other team to win faster , so every1 can get in a new match

That seriously made no sense...

@Devilman.1532 said:

If the company didnt hear the silly minority players that spammed the forums 24/7 , in order to bring the ''mechanics'' from other ''succeful'' games (
such as the notion that winner takes all , and if you loose the game for 1 point , you dont get anything
) and that they should stop reinventing the wheels .... then the community woulddnt give up from the first teamfight and let the other team to win faster , so every1 can get in a new match

That seriously made no sense...

Sigh...GW2 from launch allow you to collect Glory , in order to buy Rank UP Boxxes ,and obtain random Soulbount PvE skins .Basickly most ppl roamed like thiefs in HOTJOIN .Some silly players IN RANKED whined that the community didnt care about whiniing or loosing and the company should reinforce the ''motion of winner takes all'' .Basickly they where whinning why the Ranked players couldnt get more Glory ....

The same ppl silly players whined that in season 1-4 , the lesser team could get rewarded with PiP if they score was close enought .And that the company should stop reinventing the wheel , and just copy the mechanics from other succeful games .Hence .... the winner win .... the looser looses

So why ppl should continue , if the score is more than 80 points ?Its like the enemy is closer to the 15 min end time , by 1,5-2 min

The Victor is already decided + any strungle will force the agony to continue + they will have more chances in the next game :P

Now ...we could argue that the motion of ''winner takes all'' have some backfire ....but its a worldwide problem :P

ok I get your point youre trying to make it was just a bit hard to decipher is all :) I think even back in the early days of rank boxes the system was fundamentally flawed perhaps not as bad as it is now but still flawed. I think in essence the problem has always been that ANet has always considered PvP a mini game and never cared much about it or its community as they see them as disposable compared to the PvE player base.

Wait wait what ?What do you mean by a mini game ?

For each person that demands balance , there some other ppl that defend it .

Theres ppl that whine for 10k heartseeker (no cd) or Holo enginner for 20k (every 6 sec) and theres ppl that do a selective defense .

Each time the community wants something (GvG maps+2x deathmatch maps+ free for all arena(Heart of the Mist)) the company will implant them and then theres will be ppl that whine:a) that the maps are small (GvG-without even doing ONCE a small tournament)b) or maps left to die in Hotjoins (Deathmatches) , while whinning that Skyhammer and the moba map dont have a place in Unranked-Ranked or near the Conquest maps .

Players wanted money and they got money tournaments

What again is the minigame ?

The only think i see , is that ppl are obsest with some archaic mentalities about how game communities work/need and some oathbreakers :P

yeah it seems like a tricky thing to enforce. reports come in their thousands every day no doubt, and from a business managers standpoint it would be foolish to pay 5-10 people what 60k a year to go through games and check to see who is cheating or not. although ive seen games die partly because nothing was done to punish cheaters...

Well when they do identify cheating as they did two seasons ago at the top of the leaderboard (which is pretty much a joke anyway) all they did was hand out a rest of the season dishonor slap on the wrist. Big deal. The offenders just got on their alt accounts and did the same thing and are still doing the same thing on both main and alt accounts even now. They got online and literally trolled Anet for no doing anything to them. it was pretty sad.

The penalties for cheating need to have teeth. If they did people might be a little less inclined to do so. Its kinda like having public executions for murder in the real world. People are less likely to commit violent crime when they know that swift brutal justice will result.

Archived