Need open world PvE gearing and build advice for my Weaver

Dabrixmgp.4758

I didnt realize Celestial took a month to get because of Charged Crystal gating. I already acquired a set of Celestial Trinkets using Laurels and some LW S3 farming. However, I read somewhere that unless you use a full set of Celestial Gear that you are just gimping yourself. If this is in fact true what are my other gear options. I refuse to use Berserkers because I already tried that and ended up cloud viewing all the time. It was alright in WvW since I just stood at the back going "Pew Pew" but trying to solo HoT and PoF content made me want to delete my character. I still have yet to finish both the HoT and PoF stories so something that can faceroll through those as well would be perfect. I have other characters that could probably do a better job facerolling content ( Scourge, Mirage, Warrior, Guardian) but my Ele is the most fun to play. Well except for the being downed every 5 mins...no make that every 3 mins. Also can someone suggest a good build for the PvE stuff?

If you're mostly interested in open world PvE, and don't care much for min-maxing for content like raids, then there's a lot more leeway when it comes to gearing where you can still be effective without being super glassy.

I personally use Celestial armor, but zerker stats for the rest of my gear. It gives me that little bit of extra tankiness, without gimping damage too much. With ele, you can stack enough might and fury by yourself to make the dps loss seem more negligible. You could also mix soldiers gear in to similar effect.

Here's an example of a build (I focused a few traits on more durability, to match your request).

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYnMMANNgt4CG5C8RgFBAT4SeBSB3v6Z9uOIAUAeAA-jhBBABYt/o87MlgB8AAyTPglq/AwJAAA-e

I'm not sure which weapon set you prefer, but you could use whatever. With pyromancer's puissance, you can easily maintain 25 stacks of might with100% uptime in battle, without much effort. You can swap it for persisting flame if you want more ferocity uptime, but it does require a bit more micromanagement. That being said, I usually find that introducing more complexity in that regard can overwhelm some players and cause them to die faster (because they are focusing more on skill rotations and mechanics and less on positioning and survival).

With this you'd have just over 18k life, 2200+ armor, you'll be able to maintain over 3500 power with your stacks of might and have at least 41% crit chance (61% with fury). Attuning to fire and air would also give you +120 power and precision respectively and you'd have a decent amount of barrier to help increase survivability. You could swap out the more defensive traits for offensive ones once you get used to surviving better.

This is just an example build. It would be more than adequate for any open world PvE content. (P.S. utility skills are just an example and can be swapped for whatever).

@"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:If you're mostly interested in open world PvE, and don't care much for min-maxing for content like raids, then there's a lot more leeway when it comes to gearing where you can still be effective without being super glassy.

I personally use Celestial armor, but zerker stats for the rest of my gear. It gives me that little bit of extra tankiness, without gimping damage too much. With ele, you can stack enough might and fury by yourself to make the dps loss seem more negligible. You could also mix soldiers gear in to similar effect.

Here's an example of a build (I focused a few traits on more durability, to match your request).

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJAsYnMMANNgt4CG5C8RgFBAT4SeBSB3v6Z9uOIAUAeAA-jhBBABYt/o87MlgB8AAyTPglq/AwJAAA-e

I'm not sure which weapon set you prefer, but you could use whatever. With pyromancer's puissance, you can easily maintain 25 stacks of might with100% uptime in battle, without much effort. You can swap it for persisting flame if you want more ferocity uptime, but it does require a bit more micromanagement. That being said, I usually find that introducing more complexity in that regard can overwhelm some players and cause them to die faster (because they are focusing more on skill rotations and mechanics and less on positioning and survival).

With this you'd have just over 18k life, 2200+ armor, you'll be able to maintain over 3500 power with your stacks of might and have at least 41% crit chance (61% with fury). Attuning to fire and air would also give you +120 power and precision respectively and you'd have a decent amount of barrier to help increase survivability. You could swap out the more defensive traits for offensive ones once you get used to surviving better.

This is just an example build. It would be more than adequate for any open world PvE content. (P.S. utility skills are just an example and can be swapped for whatever).

Thanks for the help. Will give this a build a shot when I get home from work. Can I still use my Celestial Trinkets though and is it still worth it to keep collecting Charged Crystals in order to craft my Ascended Celestial armor?

@Dabrixmgp.4758 said:

@"Tenrai Senshi.2017" said:If you're mostly interested in open world PvE, and don't care much for min-maxing for content like raids, then there's a lot more leeway when it comes to gearing where you can still be effective without being super glassy.

Thanks for the help. Will give this a build a shot when I get home from work. Can I still use my Celestial Trinkets though and is it still worth it to keep collecting Charged Crystals in order to craft my Ascended Celestial armor?

Celestial isn't really necessary for PvE. You could mix it in with your gear, as mentioned earlier, but you can achieve similar results with other, easier to acquire stat combos. Still, even then, it might be worth converting quartz to charged quartz. There are other recipes, collections or guild upgrades that require it and having a decent stock can help avoid future time-gates.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdnUMA9XiVYCOOAcYiFBAzt1+aztDBhZQSMIAEKPAA-jVCGQBSRZGAOBAG7BAoP1KQ3+DHVVFFq0Qd6B0jSwAAIA7sODgje0je0je0uuO3ZduzG9o7MpAsbZF-w

I run this PvE and WvW. Shure damage is not maximized but i don´t do raids. I barely die with this setup. In PvE i often use glyph of storms. If you are not compftable with running speed (it has permanent swiftness but you need to use glyph/OL) than put air signet on the toolbar.for food if you don´t want to craft there are good options. Basically this build can run annything ...well working is:Bowl of Orrian Truffle and Meat Stew (more advanced playstyle using invogorationg torrets too for more dodging)Omnomberry ghost. (My cheap classic)mussles gnashblade if you need it ... basically any damage reduction food if needed.Other tuning crystals work nearly as well and are cheaper.

Advanced setup which is fun to play if you can handle ele. I used blinding ashes but after loosing furry on swap ... sigh ...

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQJArdnUMA9XiVYCOOAcYiFBAzt1GbztFbymYaIIAEKPAA-jVCGQBA4EAoP1KUneApoMzYPAA0t/gCVacUVV0jSwAAIA7sODgje0je0je0uuO3ZduzG9o7MpAqSZF-w

don´t know if we can meet. But i won´t say it has no damage output. Support is moderate to low and well i don´t like to use water traitline with ele even if it´s one of the strongest lines for condi removal. Intresting part is that unless i fight condi mesmers i usually can handle condi. Its fun to play such things. No need to be perfect as support in minstrel.... and beside that i rarely zerg in WvW. If i do i switch build to staff ele. And beside that i have no fear to fight FA weaver with it..... I can´t kill bunker ele and need very long (somtimes draw) against other bunker builds but this is not PvP.

@"Dabrixmgp.4758" said:I didnt realize Celestial took a month to get because of Charged Crystal gating. I already acquired a set of Celestial Trinkets using Laurels and some LW S3 farming. However, I read somewhere that unless you use a full set of Celestial Gear that you are just gimping yourself. If this is in fact true what are my other gear options. I refuse to use Berserkers because I already tried that and ended up cloud viewing all the time. It was alright in WvW since I just stood at the back going "Pew Pew" but trying to solo HoT and PoF content made me want to delete my character. I still have yet to finish both the HoT and PoF stories so something that can faceroll through those as well would be perfect. I have other characters that could probably do a better job facerolling content ( Scourge, Mirage, Warrior, Guardian) but my Ele is the most fun to play. Well except for the being downed every 5 mins...no make that every 3 mins. Also can someone suggest a good build for the PvE stuff?

1. Not gimp yourself.
  2. Not use Berserker's.

Pick one.

I get your problem but... just keep playing. Maybe try Tempest first. Maybe try Marauder for some extra hp. But in the end, you'll go zerk. Learning to play Ele is very rewarding, not in small part exactly because of how fragile it is. But it has the tools for it.

Archived