Illusionary Leap

dontlook.1823

The cast for this skill isn't very fluid. Despite it being a 1/2 second cast it almost always fails to trigger when I go to use it. This is mainly an issue with the new PChrono since 3x Wrack is important. Anyway to lower this or make the activation a bit more fluid.. I read they reduced the aftercast by a certain amount.. Might have done well for a quicker activation. Its just an Immo :o

• 2 weeks later...

I kinda hate this skill the way it functions at the moment, and feel it's backwards. I'd rather it leapt the player forwards, leaving an illusion behind which you can port to (but I understand why it isn't this way, as the illusion would immediately run towards the enemy). Also, Mirage now has a forward leap as an Ambush... but yeah this skill feels real clunky to use.

Must be out of range as the clone spawned by Illusionary Leap is always summoned. Even on say invincible targets, where every other clone/phantasm summon would fail.Well either that or your clone just gets annihilated before you even realize it was there, that happens quite alot aswell.(please anet give the leap clone 0.5-1s blurr tyvm)

Worse skill in Mesmer's arsenal just becasue it never really works, in order to leap properly the clone needs to stay alive which never happens unless you play vs NPCs, if you are out of range the skill fails instead of not trigering, the animation is not fluid it feels like there's always a delay and the cc part of it is worthless, I have never seen it work in PvP. Only use I have made out of it was triggering DH traps.It's good only on paper.

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

@dontlook.1823 said:The cast for this skill isn't very fluid. Despite it being a 1/2 second cast it almost always fails to trigger when I go to use it.

You're probably trying to use it out of range. If you use it properly it works perfectly 100% of the time.

No, I am not out of range. The problem is the cast is a bit too long. It works 100% of the time yes when in range. But it takes a moment too long to cast. I was hoping the cast time could be a bit shorter so that it can flow into my rotation as Power Chrono a little more smoothly. There have been too many times where I just skip over it cause I have to stop for a moment for the clone to spawn. Its a bit awkward. Most of the time I don't even proc the Immo for PvE since I just want that extra clone for MW.

@dontlook.1823 said:

@dontlook.1823 said:The cast for this skill isn't very fluid. Despite it being a 1/2 second cast it almost always fails to trigger when I go to use it.

You're probably trying to use it out of range. If you use it properly it works perfectly 100% of the time.

No, I am not out of range. The problem is the cast is a bit too long. It works 100% of the time yes when in range. But it takes a moment to long to cast. I was hoping the cast time could be a bit shorter so that it can flow into my rotation as Power Chrono a little more smoothly. There have been too many times where I just skip over it cause I have to stop for a moment for the clone to spawn. Its a bit awkward. Most of the time I don't even proc the Immo for PvE since I just want that extra clone for MW.

What.

"no I'm not out of range, but the skill doesn't work because the cast is too long."

No, the cast is fine, you just need to be in range. They've even reduced the aftercast so it's even more fluid than it was before.

@Pyroatheist.9031 said:

No, I am not out of range. The problem is the cast is a bit too long. It works 100% of the time yes when in range. But it takes a moment to long to cast. I was hoping the cast time could be a bit shorter so that it can flow into my rotation as Power Chrono a little more smoothly. There have been too many times where I just skip over it cause I have to stop for a moment for the clone to spawn. Its a bit awkward. Most of the time I don't even proc the Immo for PvE since I just want that extra clone for MW.

What.

"no I'm not out of range, but the skill doesn't work because the cast is too long."

No, the cast is fine, you just need to be in range. They've even reduced the aftercast so it's even more fluid than it was before.

Huh? lol. I'm pretty sure I wouldn't make such a frivolous mistake as not being in range. And from my experiance it takes a bit too long for the clone to summon. I have a video where I'm doing my rotation and I skip over it many times cause its just too slow. Also, I didn't once say it doesn't work. I said the cast time should be shorter cause it doesn't proc unless I hit twice sometimes three times.

Archived