[SC] Vanilla condi engi benchmark post 02/06/2018 patch

Lunateric.3708

Link is over here:

TL;DR: 30.2K DPS

Notes from the author:

• Confusion skills are now not worth using, that means you won't use pistol 3 or bomb 3 anymore (why didn't we get a hotfix like mirage did?, hah).
  • Nerfed alacrity means you auto on nades more.

Condi vanilla engi was the build that made me fall in love with the game, sad to see it go.

.... idk what to say honestly, back in the HoT days we were all concerned how much effort it required to pull of decent numbers against for example the HoT era DH, we complained about it, we got some slight buffs, a new trait that freed us from our pure selfishness nature (when the new PPD was born)...

I thought that maybe only the simplified rotation would die, perhaps the full skilled version would still survive and be fine... and now i feel lost honestly, like, they only wanted us to breath for a little, what hurts me most is that we are victims from a nerf that wasn't targeted at us, we were struggling against mobile bosses, having to target well timed napalms and fire bombs if you didn't want to hurt yourself... i miss it so much, it was just so smooth and sastisfying to play it....

PvE... PvE was the last sanctuary for condi engi, after being overwhelmed in pvp, and anhilated in WvW... the Purity of Purpose for mesmer killed him without knowing what hitted him...

/cry

@Ivantreil.3092 said:.... idk what to say honestly, back in the HoT days we were all concerned how much effort it required to pull of decent numbers against for example the HoT era DH, we complained about it, we got some slight buffs, a new trait that freed us from our pure selfishness nature (when the new PPD was born)...

I thought that maybe only the simplified rotation would die, perhaps the full skilled version would still survive and be fine... and now i feel lost honestly, like, they only wanted us to breath for a little, what hurts me most is that we are victims from a nerf that wasn't targeted at us, we were struggling against mobile bosses, having to target well timed napalms and fire bombs if you didn't want to hurt yourself... i miss it so much, it was just so smooth and sastisfying to play it....

PvE... PvE was the last sanctuary for condi engi, after being overwhelmed in pvp, and anhilated in WvW... the Purity of Purpose for mesmer killed him without knowing what hitted him...

/cry

I feel you, specially seeing other specs like warrior getting both power and condi variants working and in an amazing state after last balance patch. What discourages me the most is we'll have to wait for months before seeing anything being done and even if they do something they may not address vanilla condi engi at all.

@Lunateric.3708 said:

@Ivantreil.3092 said:.... idk what to say honestly, back in the HoT days we were all concerned how much effort it required to pull of decent numbers against for example the HoT era DH, we complained about it, we got some slight buffs, a new trait that freed us from our pure selfishness nature (when the new PPD was born)...

/cry

I feel you, specially seeing other specs like warrior getting both power and condi variants working and in an amazing state after last balance patch. What discourages me the most is we'll have to wait for months before seeing anything being done and even if they do something they may not address vanilla condi engi at all.

I doubt they'll do anything for it. They haven't done any balance to kits other than nerfing bomb kit for the last year. They definitely have no clue how to simplify the rotation so it's less of an opera to play.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

/cry

I doubt they'll do anything for it. They haven't done any balance to kits other than nerfing bomb kit for the last year. They definitely have no clue how to simplify the rotation so it's less of an opera to play.

To be honest I don't mind the Opera part, I do mind it's complex and doesn't reward you for it. It does less damage than the no kit holo build, add to that they stated condi builds should do more damage over longer periods of time than their power counterparts.

@Ivantreil.3092 said:PvE... PvE was the last sanctuary for condi engi, after being overwhelmed in pvp, and anhilated in WvW... the Purity of Purpose for mesmer killed him without knowing what hitted him...

Condition engineer never died out in WvW.

@Vagrant.7206 said:They definitely have no clue how to simplify the rotation so it's less of an opera to play.

Did they claim they intended to simplify the engineer's damage rotation in some post I missed? I mean, they seem to have done it and done it well with Holosmith.

@coglin.1496 said:

@Vagrant.7206 said:They definitely have no clue how to simplify the rotation so it's less of an opera to play.

Did they claim they intended to simplify the engineer's damage rotation in some post I missed? I mean, they seem to have done it and done it well with Holosmith.

Holosmith is a power engineer, and it's more complicated than the bomb engi was, so they actually made that more complicated.

@Vagrant.7206 said:

Holosmith is a power engineer, and it's more complicated than the bomb engi was, so they actually made that more complicated.

In fact, it's a straight upgrade of the Power Bomb build.

Nades, bombs, and rifle remain as the same choice, Laser disk substituted Rifle turret, wich if you compare them, they achieve the same thing, but laser does better, instant cast toolbelt wiht a passive utility.

Photon Laser subsituted mortar kit simply because mortar had no use whatsoever, it was only slotted in case their soft cc resulted required, but thats it, had no purpose in the rotation whatsoever, so yeah, a straight upgrade, wich improves the playstyle from spamming bomb 1 for 20 secs, to adding a new kit to play with in the rotation.

Archived