Question about the new regeneration application.

Sutepun.9450

I'm not fully sure what you mean. If I read the wiki correctly, it now looks for the stack with the highest healing contribution to determine the order of it being applied (instead of first in first used order like other boons). It doesnt matter if it looks at the bare healing power, or calculates it with the healing power. This cause the healing power is a constant (more or less). Either the healing power is applied, or it isn't. But the sequence would not chance.

Let's compare two skills that apply stacks of regenerationRay of judgement gives 390 base healSymbol of faith gives 650 base healSo without healing power, the stack from symbol of faith is used first and then the stack from Ray of judgement.

If healing power is a factored in, both the numbers change, but with the same ratio. So symbol of faith will still be applied first, even if healingpower is changed, mid fight, it will still change both amounts in the same ration.

Given this effect, I would say that for the determination they do it without healing power, and the actual regen obviously does take it into account. This cause it would avoid any unneeded calculations.

@mercury ranique.2170 said:I'm not fully sure what you mean. If I read the wiki correctly, it now looks for the stack with the highest healing contribution to determine the order of it being applied (instead of first in first used order like other boons). It doesnt matter if it looks at the bare healing power, or calculates it with the healing power. This cause the healing power is a constant (more or less). Either the healing power is applied, or it isn't. But the sequence would not chance.

Let's compare two skills that apply stacks of regenerationRay of judgement gives 390 base healSymbol of faith gives 650 base healSo without healing power, the stack from symbol of faith is used first and then the stack from Ray of judgement.

If healing power is a factored in, both the numbers change, but with the same ratio. So symbol of faith will still be applied first, even if healingpower is changed, mid fight, it will still change both amounts in the same ration.

Given this effect, I would say that for the determination they do it without healing power, and the actual regen obviously does take it into account. This cause it would avoid any unneeded calculations.

He ment if it takes into consideration for example monk runes (10% bonus outgoing healing)

@ButcherofMalakir.4067 said:

@"mercury ranique.2170" said:I'm not fully sure what you mean. If I read the wiki correctly, it now looks for the stack with the highest healing contribution to determine the order of it being applied (instead of first in first used order like other boons). It doesnt matter if it looks at the bare healing power, or calculates it with the healing power. This cause the healing power is a constant (more or less). Either the healing power is applied, or it isn't. But the sequence would not chance.

He ment if it takes into consideration for example monk runes (10% bonus outgoing healing)

Yep, this is what I meant, because I'm theorycrafting a condi druid build with a regen that can compete with a meta chrono's Healing Prism. If outgoing healing modifiers affect regen priority, then I need to aim for a healing power of 226 with a transference sigil, and if it doesn't I have to go higher to around 352.

I haven't tested it myself, but I think it goes by the total healing output factorisation. My Ele runs Celestial gear, so her Healing Power is lower than normal (usually around ~1k) yet i still see my Regeneration getting priority in large fights because of her 145% heal output scaling.

If you want to know for sure then you'll need to test it with some allies in the guild PvP arena or something.

the description in game is a bit > @Sutepun.9450 said:

@"mercury ranique.2170" said:I'm not fully sure what you mean. If I read the wiki correctly, it now looks for the stack with the highest healing contribution to determine the order of it being applied (instead of first in first used order like other boons). It doesnt matter if it looks at the bare healing power, or calculates it with the healing power. This cause the healing power is a constant (more or less). Either the healing power is applied, or it isn't. But the sequence would not chance.

Yep, this is what I meant, because I'm theorycrafting a condi druid build with a regen that can compete with a meta chrono's
. If outgoing healing modifiers affect regen priority, then I need to aim for a healing power of 226 with a transference sigil, and if it doesn't I have to go higher to around 352.

The description in the game is somewhat limited, but in the wiki https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Rune_of_the_Monk the icon before healing, is the healing power icon, so if the wiki is correct, it is indeed increasing healingpower.So this rune both increases the duration and the amount of regeneration. The only fuzzy one is the 6th bonus. But looking at how it is listed in healing power, I would say yes. It should easily be tested by having an ally, first apply regen with all 6 runes and then apply without. If you see a 10% drop then you know it works correctly

Archived