I'm confused. Are the sylvari immune of all corruption or not?

AESOkami.1072

I've already read the Sylvari immunity discussion, yet I'm still puzzled about the whole ordeal. If dragons like Kralk or Jormag (not Prim because he mainly makes his own) absorbed the power from Mord's body, does that mean that sylvari can now be corrupted by them? And rather, can actually hear them talking to their minions like they did with Mordremoth?

And from what I've seen in the first part of the POF story, the Herald asks your character to join Balth's army, even if you're a sylvari. If this means becoming a Forged, are sylvari capable of being corrupted by Balth's power or was the Herald lying her butt off?

Arenanet hasn't really explained this stuff well IMO. I hope, yet at the same time doubt, that the POF expansion will explain it. What's your thoughts?

@AESOkami.1072 said:I've already read the Sylvari immunity discussion, yet I'm still puzzled about the whole ordeal. If dragons like Kralk or Jormag (not Prim because he mainly makes his own) absorbed the power from Mord's body, does that mean that sylvari can now be corrupted by them? And rather, can actually hear them talking to their minions like they did with Mordremoth?After HoT's conclusion, we haven't really explored fighting other dragon minions. We have no idea if the sylvari are still immune to the other dragon corruption, or if there's something more to their structure, such as them being crafted as dragon minions. I imagine the topic will come up as we get close to the Elonan Brand area. I doubt corrupted sylvari would retain their autonomy, though, as that seemed to be unique to Mordremoth.And from what I've seen in the first part of the POF story, the Herald asks your character to join Balth's army, even if you're a sylvari. If this means becoming a Forged, are sylvari capable of being corrupted by Balth's power or was the Herald lying her butt off?Whatever Balthazar is doing, it's not corruption. Corruption is changing the make-up of the body to be completely different. Far as we can tell, the Forged are created bodies inhabited by the souls of loyal followers. It's also possible the Herald of Balthazar doesn't know if sylvari can be converted or not. We have such little information, that speculation is difficult, as it in any efficient capacity.

@AESOkami.1072 said:I've already read the Sylvari immunity discussion, yet I'm still puzzled about the whole ordeal. If dragons like Kralk or Jormag (not Prim because he mainly makes his own) absorbed the power from Mord's body, does that mean that sylvari can now be corrupted by them? And rather, can actually hear them talking to their minions like they did with Mordremoth?

No, they cannot. Primordus and Jormag did not take over the risen or mordrem, they cannot take control of sylvari.

@AESOkami.1072 said:And from what I've seen in the first part of the POF story, the Herald asks your character to join Balth's army, even if you're a sylvari. If this means becoming a Forged, are sylvari capable of being corrupted by Balth's power or was the Herald lying her butt off?

Forged are not corrupted. They are constructs. Completely different concepts. The Forged are metal animated by enslaved or willing souls. We saw the same thing with Shiro'ken during Factions in gw1.

Furthermore the Herald didn't necessarily mean as Forged. Just alliance with Balthazar.

In the personal story it stated that sylvari were immune to dragon corruption, this was because they were minions of mordremoth, during the personal story we get an orb that is used to repel the undead, it was hinted at but not stated that this orb is the deep sea dragon so this lead us to believe that dragons cannot corrupt other dragons minions. The pale tree was never stated to be cleans from mordremoth's corruption and that the reason the sylvari were immune to corruption was cuz of the dream however when mordremoth woke up and some of the sylvari that gave in because full dragon minions. It has not been stated why the sylvari were able to be turned if the pale tree was cleans so this means the pale tree wasn't cleans but we dont know as players and i wouldnt hold my breath as to why this is the case they could of told us in HoT but good luck ever knowing the answer now.

@Konig Des Todes.2086 said:

Forged are not corrupted. They are constructs. Completely different concepts. The Forged are metal animated by enslaved or willing souls. We saw the same thing with Shiro'ken during Factions in gw1.

Furthermore the Herald didn't necessarily mean as Forged. Just alliance with Balthazar.

There's also an evidence that appears to indicate that the Inquest think that sylvari souls can be used to power a golem, so sylvari being bound into constructs does not seem too farfetched.

Archived