If Renegade summons can still be targeted…

Thermaltron.6829

Could something be added to make them a bit of a pain to hit? For example, if someone hits Icerazor, they’ll suffer chill; Razorclaw they’ll take 3 or 4 stacks of bleed? If you hit Darkrazor, get stunned or cause an AoE stun (with a cool down)?

I mean, if they are going to get mowed down in WvW and PvP (even some PvE content), at least let them go down fighting like any Charr would…

@Dragon.8762 said:Being able to hit and kill the summons adds counter play. I'd rather they replace one of the traits into a trait where, once you summon a summoning skill, that summon gains an X amount of toughness and pulse stability for 3 seconds for its self.

are you suggesting there are no other counter plays? i mean stab and condi cleanses eliminate the very value of them doesnt it? but yah no you should be able to shoot a rangers trap to make it go away or shoot a mesmer to turn off their mantras. good choice bro.

Not sure what ANET classified them as but they're essentially wells. You put them down, and they do something. The counterplay to wells has always been, don't stand on them. Having tried it on beta weekend, they blow up in large scale WvW which is what wells are suppose to be good at. I can see it doing better in small scale groups but once people know what to do, a single headshot or AOE CC will render them useless. IIRC Soulcleave will continue to drain energy once it's been CC'd so you have to babysit that skill and toggle it off. Will have to confirm that today.

@Dragon.8762 said:Being able to hit and kill the summons adds counter play. I'd rather they replace one of the traits into a trait where, once you summon a summoning skill, that summon gains an X amount of toughness and pulse stability for 3 seconds for its self.

Are you implying that moving away from the area is not enough counterplay? Or that they are so strong compared to normal wells and marks that they need such counterplays? Isn't energy cost on top of CDs enough?

What's the counterplay for this, can you CC it? https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Winds_of_Disenchantment

@Kidel.2057 said:

Are you implying that moving away from the area is not enough counterplay? Or that they are so strong compared to normal wells and marks that they need such counterplays? Isn't energy cost on top of CDs enough?

What's the counterplay for this, can you CC it?

standing somewhere else for 10 seconds

Archived