Need PVE Build Recommendations

sevends.6504

Hello all,

Today I decided to make a thief from zero to complete world, stories, mastery points etc.

First could you guys give example core builds to use from 0-80 and till i get elit classes. I would like to see them on a gw2 build planner for examining the traits etc.

Second i would like to see elite spec builds that i can use after i finish leveling to 80 and finish an elite specs points.

All advices and recommendations are accepted.

Here's a quick-and-easy Backstab build for the open world. You essentially run up to enemies, go into stealth with Cloak and Dagger, Backstab, and finish off with Heartseeker where needed. When traversing, you'll be using the short bow's Infiltrator's Arrow, as well as Shadowstep to cover ground swiftly.

If you're looking for Daredevil or Deadeye builds, you can check out Snowcrows' website for some inspiration.

Just hit 80 yesterday on my Thief and running this build. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQJAWVn8MBNOhFOBWmC0PhldCbLAUbOQdvlZwPY+A2ArgA-jxBEABap8rPdBJcBAsX9HAeAAps/ggKBJEAyxA-e

I just started HoT story and can pretty much facetank anything I have come across so far. I snatched my Ascended Staff and Trinkets off my Ele and they same to do nicely. Im sure full berserker is better but I like having room for error. Especially since HoT mobs like to throw out random 6k hits. I hate those retarded vanishing frogs.

I just completed 1-80 the old fashioned way (on foot) through map completion and used a power dagger/dagger - shortbow buildto start i got haste asap to help burst down single targets, then the invis heal, then signets for more power and 25% speed increase for easy map running, for elite i chose thieves guild as its great for solo hero points of vet groups

for gear i just used what ever i got from rewards, you end up leveling allot faster than the map your on if you do 100% completion so dont worry about gear unless your doing a same level map.

at 80 i went with the valk gear from the boost but if you dont have one its about 6-7g for a complete power setup.

• 3 weeks later...

How does thief fare in the new zones, fighting Balthazar and scruffy 2.0 on a warrior was tough even with all the regent and shit they have, is it doable on a thief?. I also would like to get full map complete and all personal and living story stuff done on a thief, but worry about the classes ability to achieve this solo without dying every 5 minutes, any build advice?

@"prelude.6427" said:How does thief fare in the new zones, fighting Balthazar and scruffy 2.0 on a warrior was tough even with all the regent and kitten they have, is it doable on a thief?. I also would like to get full map complete and all personal and living story stuff done on a thief, but worry about the classes ability to achieve this solo without dying every 5 minutes, any build advice?

Thief fares just fine if you know what you're doing.

You can use daredevil staff if you want to be an in-your-face thief with tons of evades plus easy access to weakness and condi cleanse as additional passive defenses. Or go deadeye P/P and use your range by kiting and killing things before they can touch you to stay safe. Pair with invigorating precision from the critical strikes traitline and high damage gear (berserker for max dps or marauder for 90% dps but a bunch more raw hp) for more self-sustain than anyone except a dedicated healer. Trickery as a 3rd traitline supports the solo thief well with more initiative, boon generation, reduced steal CD, a solid passive dps increase that really kicks in on prolonged fights, and more bonuses on steal (having even better synergy with the deadeye, which turns steal into deadeye's mark). Scholar runes for max dps under ideal circumstances, or other runes as you feel fit. Sigil of Force is your #1 damage bonus at a passive 5%, and Sigil of Accuracy's 7% crit chance is another solid passive boost that will help your dps and healing from IP, since you're usually below crit cap while playing solo.

Channeled Vigor is a strong burst heal that gives you more endurance to get out of a sticky situation and my #1 choice as daredevil. If you're deadeye, then Signet of Malice's healing per hit pairs amazingly with P/P's unload spam.

Utilities are mostly up to you, but here are some honorable mentions. The passive power boost from Assassin's Signet is going to be more dps than anything else in that slot, and killing things faster means more healing from IP and less damage taken (cause dead things can't hit back). Signet of Agility's crit chance is another solid dps increase if you're still below crit cap (or if above crit cap at this point then swap out some berserker gear for valkyrie and think of it as a vitality increase instead), and the condi cleanse+endurance restore from the active lets it double as a sort of "get out of jail free" card if you find yourself in a sticky situation. SoA never leaves my bars in open world pve. Then there's your actual utility options like Shadowstep to avoid bad puddles/disengage or act as a stun break, Haste for a stun break and it's boons to quickly delete enemies, Shadow Refuge to stealth around tough areas, Smoke screen for extra projectile defenses, etc.

All of our elites are pretty underwhelming, but I guess Daggerstorm finds use from time to time as either a high aoe damager/heal (with signet of malice) or stability+superspeed and crippling everything around you to get out of a bad situation.

@"prelude.6427" said:How does thief fare in the new zones, fighting Balthazar and scruffy 2.0 on a warrior was tough even with all the regent and kitten they have, is it doable on a thief?. I also would like to get full map complete and all personal and living story stuff done on a thief, but worry about the classes ability to achieve this solo without dying every 5 minutes, any build advice?

Try this. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vZAQNAW4an8lClOhNOBGOB8PhFqiqLCCgDwLE+gSYu67+xH-e

Assuming you have mounts, I didn’t go for Shortbow. You can use Marauder - Berserker gear depending on your playstyle and Scholar runes - Runes of the Pack, again, depends on your playstyle.

You have a ton of evades, regen application, condi clear against those annoying slow-vuln-poison in PoF maps, perma vigor, can spam vault almost endlessly, can CC with Basi Venom or Impact Strike if you want, have 1 oh-duck trait and 1 oh-duck utility.

Archived