BUILD & CLASS diversity in pvp - how to...

messiah.1908

so anet wants diversity thus first i think we should find the uniqueness in each class and enhance that.

what about these suggestions (some are already in-game and can be further explored)

necromaster of conditions and team weakening. with his abilities to corrupt boons into conditions. weakening his enemies with weakness and chill.the main source of conditions dmg should come from corrupt and not from direct applying conditions. this role is great versus heavy boons team. can also have some nich role as dmg dealer but the dmg is enhance by the number of boons or conditions on the enemy.master of chill, bleed, poison and weakness. the boons corrupted only to these condition by the weapon set he is holdingmaster of life leech

mesmermaster of boons and team buffing. control conditions and boon sharing. to his aid comes illusions which spread boons and cleanse conditions on the battlefield or can also be semi condi dmg dealer or direct dmg dealer with his illusion mainly. his illusions buff his dmg and he is the best cc to control the fight momentum and rhythm. also support his team with distortion and evade sharingmaster of all boon and especially alacrity, quicknessmaster of slow and confusion

elemaster burst healing and aoe regeneration and vigor. group aoe dmg and support with cleanse. his strength comes from his allies around him so more allies more power.master of burning, chill, bleed and blindmaster of regeneration and cleanse ability

thiefmaster of stealth and shadow stepping. fast in and out. the more he stays in the fight the less effective he becomes with less initiative and endurance.

rangerwith his traps and the aids of the animal can control the area of the fight. also can add to his team with his pets. master of burning and poison and good with bleed.with his LB and GS and agility he acts like semi warrior and semi thief with pets to his side. the less health his pets have the more dangerous and potent he becomes and vise versa.with traps and staff the nature aid him with his tasks. aoe regen, protection and might and good cleanse abilities. also few pets can give nice burst healing when needed.

engimaster with tools and gadgets. can do it all but not as effective as other masteries. weak with team condi cleanse but great with buffing with might and fury.he most suited as hybrid dmg and you never know what to expect from him.

revhis legends come to help with their nrg . front line heavy armor can soak dmg of any kindcan support with boons. master of torment and burning. also master at dmg reduction abilities and also condition dmg reduction and team resistance.he cannot stay with the same legend and he has window time of 20 sec to use his abilities. now the weapon dont cost nrg rather there is a constant nrg decrease.BUT he can gain nrg from attacks (like life leech) and when he gets attacked he gets half the nrg. his utilities has much much lower cd and do cost nrg. he can switch with lower cd his legends like 5 sec now. but he must choose only 2.the legend enable him the be flexible to any fight. dmg, boon support, dmg reduction, healing. over all he is sustain healer or dmg.

guardmaster of retaliation, protection, stability and aegis. he is sustain dmg and sustain protector. his boons sharing give allies also hp back and cleanse conditionthe main dmg come from retaliation (but with less procs as it now has internal cd but more dmg), aegis - when blocked it explode, protection enhance his dmg by 15%. so you dont want to fight him unless you can remove them.he also good with area denial

warriormaster of all weapon. now can yield 4 sets of weapons. he has slow movement but deadly on the areawhen he used his adrenaline he get quickness and resistance

i think this theme can enable group to choose tactic and how to fight. each has its unique abilities and more easy to adjust if its too buff or weak.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:I'm no Sherlock Holmes, but if I had to guess based on this post alone, I would say you favor playing the mage classes and Revenant. Thief is likely last place for you considering the one simple line you gave that would keep them out of the fight altogether.

How close was I?the reason mage class get more attention is that they suffer the most. necro and ele mainly. when meta become more high burst dmg they suffer.

thief was my mainin pvp and wvw then went to necro in gvg than switch to guard in wvw than to mesmer in pvp and than to rev in pvp. last place i hardly used is engi.i love the thief aspect and i think he is in the right place mostly.

now back to the topicwhat do you think about my suggestions?how would you make more diversity when atm everyone can have boons, put the same conditions almost, do huge dmg etc...

Archived