Think of 8 must-have skills for your favorite class:

Swagg.9236

You know the handful of skills that are the outright most powerful, most satisfying (require timing or build-up) or necessary for survival or quick movement? Don't worry about picking within spec or weapon limitations; just think of 5 skills that are really good regardless of whether or not the game lets you slot them all concurrently. No healing slot skills. Multi-skill chains or forms count as 1 skill. Got 'em? OK, now:

!#Those skills now comprise your entire skill bar!How is it? How do you think the game would play if this is how all the classes were compacted in a similar manner?

For Engi:

• Elixir S (The bread of each engi for any PvP match)
  • Toss Elixir S (Sometimes i would argue this dude saves more engi lives than Elixir S does, simply amazing, gives engi access to stealth combo strats)
  • Blowtorch (The burst power house of any Condi Engi)
  • Jump Shot (Reliable movement skill, with a devastating blow at the end of the leap, special props for his utility on helping engies make JP's more easier)
  • Elixir X (Rampage Access to Engi is simply nuts, no more to say, tornado even has it's niche as a CC spammer)
  • Shrapnel Grenade (A must skill if you wanna have a healthy DPS, reliable damage, low cd, awesome overall)
  • Acid Bomb (A skill that has lived in both worlds of PVE and PVP, reliable damage, blast access, and a great cleaver for downstate scenarios)
  • Grenade Barrage (HERE COMES THE BOOM!)

I would have added Healing Turret if it wasnt due to the no Healing skills rule on there, it's simply a blessing for all engies overall, and can fit any build regardless of what you are going for.

@Ivantreil.3092 said:For Engi:

• Elixir S (The bread of each engi for any PvP match)
  • Toss Elixir S (Sometimes i would argue this dude saves more engi lives than Elixir S does, simply amazing, gives engi access to stealth combo strats)
  • Blowtorch (The burst power house of any Condi Engi)
  • Jump Shot (Reliable movement skill, with a devastating blow at the end of the leap, special props for his utility on helping engies make JP's more easier)
  • Elixir X (Rampage Access to Engi is simply nuts, no more to say, tornado even has it's niche as a CC spammer)
  • Shrapnel Grenade (A must skill if you wanna have a healthy DPS, reliable damage, low cd, awesome overall)
  • Acid Bomb (A skill that has lived in both worlds of PVE and PVP, reliable damage, blast access, and a great cleaver for downstate scenarios)
  • Grenade Barrage (HERE COMES THE BOOM!)

This line-up isn't too bad when I look at it. A lot of big-hitters, but they're all really natural for the user to aim. Aside from being mechanically strong and straightforward, it's also got a lot of flavor to it: Engineer with huge mortar gun just blasting out grenades and fire. Personally, I don't like any of the elixirs because they're so effortless and throw-away despite how powerful their effects are. I know you're choosing based on the current PvP environment, but the current PvP environment is horrendous due to how it encourages immunity stacking. It'd be a lot nicer if the game just did away with seconds-long invulnerability chains.

@Ivantreil.3092 said:I would have added Healing Turret if it wasnt due to the no Healing skills rule on there, it's simply a blessing for all engies overall, and can fit any build regardless of what you are going for.

I banned healing skills because they're all pretty homogenized and shallow despite some just being outright better than others. GW2 would have been better off if everyone just used a general healing skill for every class (ala Dark Souls estus or something similar).

Archived