Just installed the mac 64-bit client

I WvW and it’s horrid but you know it’s bad when PVE is crappy too with random textures lag out the behind and warping screens. My whole screen was warping in a circle this morning. Utterly pissed. If I can’t get the 32 bit back from Anet I am done with gw2. Kiss a vet player goodbye Anet.

It takes me at least four or five minutes to load a map, I get major lag, and have to have all of the graphic settings on the lowest possible setting for it to even work. It's completely unplayable, and now even the 32 bit is having problems loading maps, problems they've out-right told us they won't fix, so for us mac players, it seems we just cannot play anymore.

@Kellogs.8419 said:It takes me at least four or five minutes to load a map, I get major lag, and have to have all of the graphic settings on the lowest possible setting for it to even work. It's completely unplayable, and now even the 32 bit is having problems loading maps, problems they've out-right told us they won't fix, so for us mac players, it seems we just cannot play anymore.

Same pain. Most beautiful game out there, yet can't enjoy it as-is. Going to scrub Mac's face a bit, too.

Oh God I'm not alone. And that's not even a good thing.

I was kind off forced to run the 64-bit client since the 32-bit one started dc'ing me continuously as soon as I swapped to whichever map.What bothers me the most is that the 32-bit client was just fine. It had some flaws in it, but at least the game was playable.

Guess having a mac ain't a blessing. Would be nice to get some kind of Anet response in here..

@Magnito.6187 said:Oh God I'm not alone. And that's not even a good thing.

I was kind off forced to run the 64-bit client since the 32-bit one started dc'ing me continuously as soon as I swapped to whichever map.What bothers me the most is that the 32-bit client was just fine. It had some flaws in it, but at least the game was playable.

Guess having a mac ain't a blessing. Would be nice to get some kind of Anet response in here..

Much rather keep my mac than go back to PCs but yes the point of me switching from SWTOR to this was it had a mac client, albeit not a native one but it isn't looking very good now, it was already going south from before HoT but the PoF client really stunk with the 32bit client and anet being as helpful as usual here… Will just hope somehow this is resolved, the 64bit client doesn't sound very good I've got on just fine with my OS as it is, don't want to be forced to update just to run a dud excuse of a native client.

I found installing GW2 on an external SSD helped with the loading and speeding the game up to acceptable levels. It was like a slide show before I did that. It is still not ideal - I get flickering in the trees and it does not feel as smooth as I think it should be but it is more stable (for me) than the 32 bit version ever was. My understanding is that the 32 bit version is as good as dead. Nvidia own the rights to Cider so Anet can no longer update or repair it.

The SSD I bought is a T5 Samsung 250GB. It cost around AU $199. I am sure it, or others like it, would be much cheaper in the US. My next Mac will have a built in SSD but this little Samsung fills a gap for the moment.

You might want to take a look at this thread: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/666/feedback-guild-wars-2-mac-64-bit-client#latest and maybe add your feedback to it. The 64 bit version is a work in progress and can only get better.

• 7 months later...

@"Figlilly.3907" said:I found installing GW2 on an external SSD helped with the loading and speeding the game up to acceptable levels. It was like a slide show before I did that. It is still not ideal - I get flickering in the trees and it does not feel as smooth as I think it should be but it is more stable (for me) than the 32 bit version ever was. My understanding is that the 32 bit version is as good as dead. Nvidia own the rights to Cider so Anet can no longer update or repair it.

The SSD I bought is a T5 Samsung 250GB. It cost around AU $199. I am sure it, or others like it, would be much cheaper in the US. My next Mac will have a built in SSD but this little Samsung fills a gap for the moment.

You might want to take a look at this thread: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/666/feedback-guild-wars-2-mac-64-bit-client#latest and maybe add your feedback to it. The 64 bit version is a work in progress and can only get better.

How did you install the game on a custom location on Mac?

Archived