Option to switch between PvP badges

Chilli.2976

I find the transition from plat 1 to bronze and vice versa easy enough to do for changing my badge lol.

Whenever I fight a bronzie in the FFA I always assume they are platinum. I do not believe anyone gets to true bronze by skill anymore. Only people who threw or "skillfully lost" their way there or decay.Empirical data for this claim may be incriminating lol.

@Chilli.2976 said:

@Faux Play.6104 said:the decay does a pretty good job. If you want to be bronze just don't play for a few days. Unless you are above 1600 rating. Then you can only show silver.

I will do this next season then!

You really think it will be fun? I don't know exactly how decay and hidden rating work but if you let your rank decay say from plat to silver you will be playing with a team of silver players against a team of golds (probably) since your hidden rating will be platinum, (setting aside how cocky and disrespectful the whole idea is) it will simply frustrate you more since they aren't as familiar with the game as you and they are more likely to drag you down than you having easy time vs the other team.

@MikeL.8260 said:

@Faux Play.6104 said:the decay does a pretty good job. If you want to be bronze just don't play for a few days. Unless you are above 1600 rating. Then you can only show silver.

I will do this next season then!

You really think it will be fun? I don't know exactly how decay and hidden rating work but if you let your rank decay say from plat to silver you will be playing with a team of silver players against a team of golds (probably) since your hidden rating will be platinum, (setting aside how cocky and disrespectful the whole idea is) it will simply frustrate you more since they aren't as familiar with the game as you and they are more likely to drag you down than you having easy time vs the other team.

Your effective rating for match making stays the same. You just get a bronze/silver badge.

Archived