A very honest request for next Engineer balance patch.

Lunateric.3708

Most of you guys know me from either ranked PvP, raids/fractals or just the forums, I am an engi main like most of you and love the class despite its flaws. I have some very specific things I'd like to be addressed with next balance patch (not the PvP exclusive one) that I will post here hoping they get some attention.

Scrapper:

• Function gyro is still bugged, it's a class specific mechanic that has been bugged for a while and the most we got was a post from @"Irenio CalmonHuang.2048", when will it be fixed for real?
  • Adaptive Armor doesn't work properly on several situations: it stays as a 1 Barrier, triggers once per fight or doesn't trigger at all.
  • Automated Medical Response and Medic Gyro bug together when your gyro is out and the trait procs.
  • Barrier scaling on engi is extremely poor, this together with barrier traits like Adaptive Armor bugging out makes the whole synergy basically a napkin.

Condition Vanilla Engi:

• Condi and power traits in Firearms and Explosives need to not cannibalize each other, the same way berserker and spellbrealer (warrior e-specs) have well defined trees that allow it to spec as power or condi without conflict. This can be approached imho in two different ways: merge together power and condition traits to push engi further into the hybrid damage class many want to see OR simply move traits around so they don't punch each other out (the way thermal vision and PPD or thermal vision and No Scope do now, for example).
  • Make pistol auto a worthwhile auto over grenade 1 in regards to condi application. Condition engineer will remain a mechanically intensive build but will feel much better if you don't have to fill in with grenade autos.
  • Fix, change or rework the skills that apply confusion the same way you fixed it for Mirage. Pistol 3 and Concussion Bomb both became straight up bad to use after the changes to confusion but we didn't get a hotfix the same way Mirage did.

Holosmith

• Holosmith has several working builds right now and is single-handedly what keeps engi afloat despite being recently outclassed in PvE by a more durable, more damaging spec (Spellbreaker), I believe more weapons like rifle need to see heat interaction eventually.

Feel free to add what you guys think too, I don't expect to know exactly what engi needs -in fact, none of us probably do- but these particular bullet points "bother" me the most.

The heat mechanic needs to be part of the whole engi kit not just the sword. I've been saying that since the beta as did many others...Something like pistol 1 becoming heated plasma and adding torment on top of bleed per shot after 50%.Having heat interact with other weapons would be amazing, sure, but then we'd have to face the fact that doing so would make scrapper infinitely worse. Realistically what can it do? Drop hammer 5 then 3 then 2, use 4 if needed and auto... its damage doesn't come close to anything and its survivability is piss poor compared to a Spellbreaker.Scrapper needs major changes otherwise it'll be forgotten :/ It was a "okay" spec when it had only HoT specs to worry about, but now with PoF it doesn't really stand a chance against most.

I mean, truth be told, the OP isn't even asking for much more then broken functionalities to be repaired. It is not like he is even asking for buffs.

As well Daex makes a reasonable point about the heat mechanic. I hate the mechanic in the first place because I hate having a elite spec that directly punishes the player for using it.

@Lunateric.3708 said:

Scrapper:

• Function gyro is still bugged, it's a class specific mechanic that has been bugged for a while and the most we got was a post from @"Irenio CalmonHuang.2048", when will it be fixed for real?

In the bug post for this issue.https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/comment/432123

I had filed a ticket and got a -Second- update to my ticket out of the blue. Apparently the bug will be patch if not the next patch the one after that. That's what the response update said. Which is good news! I was so getting tired of that bug.

@Xruptor.3965 said:

Scrapper:

In the bug post for this issue.

I had filed a ticket and got a -Second- update to my ticket out of the blue. Apparently the bug will be patch if not the next patch the one after that. That's what the response update said. Which is good news! I was so getting tired of that bug.

I don't think I've ever seen a "hotfix" drop so slowly. I'm confused as to why this is taking so long.

@Xruptor.3965 said:

Scrapper:

In the bug post for this issue.

Thanks for this, I sincerely hope next release fixes it.

@Alek Seven.2374 said:

Having heat interact with other weapons would be amazing, sure, but then we'd have to face the fact that doing so would make scrapper infinitely worse.

Not really since you cant equip Holosmith and Scrapper at the same time, heat being part of Holo and Hammer from Scrapper.

His point was that a heat interaction with core weapons inherently means that core weapons would not be buffed by the scrapper.

@"coglin.1496" said:I mean, truth be told, the OP isn't even asking for much more then broken functionalities to be repaired. It is not like he is even asking for buffs.

As well Daex makes a reasonable point about the heat mechanic. I hate the mechanic in the first place because I hate having a elite spec that directly punishes the player for using it.

Actually, I think it's pretty great; it puts choice into the players hands instead of simply saying "Nope, you're done now".

@Obtena.7952 said:

@"coglin.1496" said:I mean, truth be told, the OP isn't even asking for much more then broken functionalities to be repaired. It is not like he is even asking for buffs.

Actually, I think it's pretty great; it puts choice into the players hands instead of simply saying "Nope, you're done now".

I think it's not bad per se but in most scenarios blowing up becomes a necessity (PBM, all PvE builds) or such a hindrance (vent exhaust PvP) that the choice is made for you. So in Holosmith's particular case there's just an illusion of choice since the grandmasters take care of streamlining what you do.

Archived