Mirage's Veil

JamesLancaster.4896

I know that most of us are concerned with the nuts and bolts of the new spec, but we're Mesmers and looking fancy has always been our real specialty. Me or female, human or Charr, we've always looked fabulous.

The biggest disappointment of Chronomancer, therefore, was the hideous shoulder armor that we unlocked. But ok, whatever. Pauldrons aren't that important and some people have them look good.

But this veil? A travesty. It looks good on women, but is horrifically out of place on men of all races. Even the most fabulous of fancy boys can't pull of a veil, it's simply too gendered an armor piece. I had hoped that men would have a turban, leaving women with the veil, but my hopes were dashed. Is it too much to hope for gender neutral armor choices with elite specs?

the charm of shoulder is it doesnt hide your hairstyle . tho i do like mirage's veil design , its more based on new zone unlike chrono shoulder which is a random design for HOT . it was meant for utopia i guess.

about gender neutral armor choice , have you seen new amor skin ?some could be considered as neutral too .

Actually I love the Chronomancer's epaulets. Really valuable skin if you want to go for an armored look on a caster. While I think that the veil is ugly and shoddily made - admittedly a perfect metaphor for the Mirage spec as a whole - I reject idea that it is in any way "too gendered" or only for females. There are plenty of male Elonian NPCs with similar headgear who "pull it off" perfectly fine. Far from promoting gender neutrality, you seem bent on propping up stereotypical ideas of male and female presentation.

Archived