Questions about the mechanics of Close Quarters and Dwarven Battle Training

SWI.4127

Close Quarters description: "Reduce damage dealt to you from beyond the range threshold" (360 range)

• I presume this is only power-based damage (as most traits are unless otherwise specified)
  • How does this interact with AoEs? If you are standing in the middle of an AoE, the source of the damage is within 360 range. Would damage be reduced from an elementalist casting Meteor Shower from 1200 range?

Dwarven Battle Training description: "Incoming weakness applied to you has decreased effectiveness" (50% decrease)

• Weakness gives 50% to cause fumble, does this trait make it 25%? Fumble makes your attacks do 50% damage, does this trait make your attacks do 75% if you fumble?
  • Does it also apply to the endurance regeneration reduction that weakness inflicts?

I don't want to assume certain things about these traits, and these are hard to test independently. Taking a shot in the dark to see if anyone here knows, but it may be something only a dev could actually comment on.

For close quarters I'm pretty sure that will be governed by the distance the enemy is from you even for aoe.

Dwarves Battle Training I don't think anyone but a dev could answer that 100% accurate. I'm fairly confident it's -25% endurance regen and 25% chance to fumble as those are the items directly listed in the conditions discription. Fairly confident the fumble itself is unchanged at -50% damage and no crit.

Justine is right on close quarters. If an enemy hits you with an AoE then so long as you maintain the 360 unit range from them their attacks will deal 10% less damage. Dwarven Battle Training does is raise the threshold of weakness and how it affects you. Instead of -50% on energy regen its -25%, and you only have a 25% chance to fumble vs 50%

Archived