remove/delete post

zoopop.5630

@"zoopop.5630" said:After all the testing I done with scrapper while playing against top and med skilled players it seems to me that HoLo can offer more as the tank support of the class with a better radius in condi cleansing + giving out protection to the team. Build still in beta testing but hoping for some of the others to possibly give it a look/try. Change a few things out to your style and post some feed backs.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAsenUUBtbh1IDmID0ehlKDL86UM+K9XwP4JUcZEACPA-jpghABAs/wilBAA

Why Purity of Purpose over Iron Blooded? That'll make even more tanky.

And personally, I'm finding Autodefense Bomb Dispenser to be very handy for defensive smoke fields. Really surprises spellbreakers and other melee'ers.

Have you tried ECSU to go with the sword? You might be able to get an insane amount of quickness and might with it.

Also, you picked rune of the traveler with Mecha legs, which is redundant for the most part. Probably best to go with a divinity rune or revenant rune.

Tank Holosmith isn't the best at any one thing. Scrapper is the best spec for reviving allies. Only if we ignore the main point of Scrapper can we correctly agree that Holosmith does indeed rank higher in other categories.

Nothing can revive like a Scrapper, but multiple builds can keep your allies healthier than Holosmith.

A builds gotta be the best at a given thing to be situationally optimal

@Chaith.8256 said:Tank Holosmith isn't the best at any one thing. Scrapper is the best spec for reviving allies. Only if we ignore the main point of Scrapper can we correctly agree that Holosmith does indeed rank higher in other categories.

Nothing can revive like a Scrapper, but multiple builds can keep your allies healthier than Holosmith.

Thanks for commenting , I know it’s pretty late (at least over here it is). Other then gyro being able to finish and revive others I just can’t see what else they can offer in terms of possibly being equal to or less greater then HoLo in terms of “tanking and supporting”. Hardlight arena is a pretty massively large ability to outshines most of the scrapper ability to aid their team other then the gyro for reviving others.

@zoopop.5630 said:

@Chaith.8256 said:Tank Holosmith isn't the best at any one thing. Scrapper is the best spec for reviving allies. Only if we ignore the main point of Scrapper can we correctly agree that Holosmith does indeed rank higher in other categories.

Thanks for commenting , I know it’s pretty late (at least over here it is). Other then gyro being able to finish and revive others I just can’t see what else they can offer in terms of possibly being equal to or less greater then HoLo in terms of “tanking and supporting”. Hardlight arena is a pretty massively large ability to outshines most of the scrapper ability to aid their team other then the gyro for reviving others.

Reflect bubble, bulwarking downed bodies, shorter CD and less requirements on pulsing prot, which also affects downed bodies, better and on demand stability, better 1vX time.

Now don't get me wrong, Holo does a crap ton more damage and is overall more useful for that. Scrapper is temporarily powerful while Holo has bugged auto damage. Holo damage is the selling point though. It's much more useful maximizing that

@zoopop.5630 some comments on your build. First of all i was testing sword shield and i find it quite interesting. You should replace autodefence bomb dispenser with overshield. Faster recharge and armor skills grant protection(another way to remove condis) .In addition, i would also prefer prismatic converter over LDA because more convert condis to boons. Elite mortar kit is a good range damage option when you run sword shield. i would you replace the engineer gun with elixir u coz you can have an insane time on quickness with you 3rd skill and especially if you run ECSU .For me mortar kit works good with quickness coz its velocity isnt that good. Generally i dont like photonic blast module in pvp because all this damage can be dodged or blocked .That means your hole source of damage may do 0 dmg.

Another advice is that if you wanna get autodefence bomb dispenser try have a tool skill that breaks stun and that is also a blast finisher so you can proc with the smoke field and get stealth. you could run thumpet turret with the inventions trait and with its tool skill you get break and stealth (on smoke field )

@"Samug.6512" said:Interesting build. I did play around with something similar in WvW. With 10% dmg reduction food, Holo adept trait, Protection and Spectrum Shield you can actually start getting 0s from power damage.

Consider Rune of the Herald, it gives additional protection, so Healing Turret now cleanses 4 condies.

Rune of the Herald does not work with Engi heals. Take off inventions and test it for yourself.

I actually made a build randomly with those exact same utilities. They flow really well together with Enhanced Capacity Storage Unit. You have enough filler skills that are good to wait for your forge to cool down. I did my trinkets and stats very differently though. Would consider Light Density Amplifier over Prismatic Converter and Demolisher's and maybe Mender's instead of Marauder's.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAsenUUBlIj1IDubB0ehFDDTMd8B+P93we4QMMAMO6LA-jJR6gAY7PA8AAaKDcfCAAA

Either way, with the might stacks and offensive amulet this build would not fit into the 'tank' role, much more of a versatile teamfight & 1v1 build, which is quite promising.

@"Samug.6512" said:Interesting build. I did play around with something similar in WvW. With 10% dmg reduction food, Holo adept trait, Protection and Spectrum Shield you can actually start getting 0s from power damage.

Consider Rune of the Herald, it gives additional protection, so Healing Turret now cleanses 4 condies.

It shouldn't work like that for them UNLESS im mistaken, However condi cleansing shouldn't be an issue anymore with the current spec.

@Chaith.8256 said:

Consider
, it gives additional protection, so Healing Turret now cleanses 4 condies.

Rune of the Herald does not work with Engi heals. Take off inventions and test it for yourself.

It has been fixed since last patch. Means, it now works fine.

@Forestnator.6298 said:

Consider

Hot dang. It is working

@Chaith.8256 said:

Consider

Hot dang. It is working

It's also in the release notes:

ItemsRune of the Herald: Fixed a bug in which the six-piece bonus from this rune did not apply protection for all heal skills.

Archived