My feeling being a Guardian since launch.

Phoenix the One.4071

Disclaimer: I am under average in skill-level. But still feel I got a good understanding when it comes to the different professions and mechanics, just very bad at executing them :)

Why do I feel like warriors beats guardians in every aspect, but still cannot let go of my guardian due to the awesome theme?

I would like a health boost at least to the middle branch.Yes we got a lot of active defence-skills, but I feel like more “stuff” have been implemented to counter it.And well personally I just do not understand the design behind our low healthpool any more.

At launch sure, but with new specializations and balance change I think a few 3-4k would make wonders.

Also I wish the tomes where actually tomes, and not floating tissuepapers.. and maybe lower the CD to 5sec while changing between tomes.That would force us to stay in tomes and change between the different tomes needed for the situation, while in another tome, the other tomes would recharge pages..

See then you could go full tome build, losing your weapon swap, and still limiting your spammability.Imaging a support guardian jumping between tome of courage and resolve, trying to time the recharge and lay down healing or protection to anticipate the enemies moves.. now that would be interesting.

You should still be able to build the other stuff.. and one could always double cast or use all pages to come back to weapon-state.

@Flintbrow.7985 said:As for the health pool, just craft some Marauders armor....bam!...instant 14k health pool without much damage loss at all.

For me that’s still a “pee in pants”-solution ;)

What about the tomes?I would like it to be on a lower CD seeing weaver and shroud being really low.Maybe not that low, but still lower. And with an initiativ-system.Might need to tone the abilities down a bit, but I think it could be fun to player around with.

Engineers got tools, guardians got tomes :b

@InsaneQR.7412 said:

@Flintbrow.7985 said:As for the health pool, just craft some Marauders armor....bam!...instant 14k health pool without much damage loss at all.

Full on valkiry with perma crit setup and permablock with DH.My fav guard build in PvE forever.

Just saw someone with full valk, and I was like “damn all this time I have been going for marauder, when Valk was the obvious choice”.In my defence I stopped before the radiance change, and apparently was too focus on firebrand (even though they got even easier access to ret) to see the Spear of justice combo.

I did pick berserker weapons though, but I think I just need full Valk armour and rings, accersories and more and then I’ll be fine.One only need 15% base crit.

But good advice.. but hey think if we had health as a warrior? Bam 30k health :b I am greedy..

Edit: ohh the vid never talked about “perma block” where do you get that?

@Phoenix the One.4071 said:

Full on valkiry with perma crit setup and permablock with DH.My fav guard build in PvE forever.

Just saw someone with full valk, and I was like “kitten all this time I have been going for marauder, when Valk was the obvious choice”.In my defence I stopped before the radiance change, and apparently was too focus on firebrand (even though they got even easier access to ret) to see the Spear of justice combo.

I did pick berserker weapons though, but I think I just need full Valk armour and rings, accersories and more and then I’ll be fine.One only need 15% base crit.

But good advice.. but hey think if we had health as a warrior? Bam 30k health :b I am greedy..

Edit: ohh the vid never talked about “perma block” where do you get that?

If you use the sword trait you only need 5% crit chance if you have high enough fury uptime.5% +15% sword trait +10% against burning foes + 20% fury +50% GM trait.

Permablock is achieved through focus 5, mace 3, aegis spam, DH virtue F3, fragments of faith trap and renewed focus to make you invuln and reblock with F3.On the other set i have sword shield for projectile hate and some burst.

For PvP its outdated but for PvE its fantastic. Play smart and you solo champs without breaking a sweat.

Ohh I see, I love sword for being a so much, in so few skills.Projectile heavy hitting anti-range, insta gabcloser with symbol, and well auto with 5 strikes in chain for guaranteed VoJ proc.

But still running DH longbow, as I am optimistic and hope for a small buff, since I feel we lack and good range option (scepter is powerfull but too short range imo), please gimme 15% increase attackspeed, projectiles and 1500 range, maybe even deployment traps xD

But will try farming valk gear!

If you own the last addon: condition firebrand is strong af and easy to play. Just run him on full trailblazer (or trailblazer weapons+trinkets and vipers armor+balthasar runes since trailblazer is quite expensive), smash some buttons and watch the world burn.

Yeah I tried it, but missed my longbow... axe and mantras are cool, and like the idea behind tomes.. but the look and clunky play disappointed me.

Tomes should have the old animation or like the legendary focus, then the tissue papers around you could show how many pages you have used or something... an initiative system with prob elementalist attunement CD would make it more interesting imo, and make people able to stay in tome.Mantras are powerfull, maybe a bit too powerful, but the pre-cast can be clunky (thx god for the aboundance of quickness).Ace is as I said awesome, but feel like symbolsmashing could be a bit faster, and that sword still is better when it comes to alround utility :)

Archived