So you crafted accidentally too much of something

You have processed lots of ingots and planks. Then you go to click a component to a precursor that you only need one of but click craft all instead, crafting way too many of the item. What should you do next? Can't undo a mistake from autopilot mentality and rage builds that the game can't read your mind and now you got to file a ticket.

What do you do to calm yourself down and not cause a scene in chat box?

I tried breathing but given how quick autopilot and craft all option goes its a really shame there isn't an option to undo your last crafting error. :# :o :/ :'( :s

Can't really help with the "calm down" part, but you can always try opening a support ticket. There's been many case where Support will help with undoing a crafting mistake. Use the "Support" link at the top of the page and "Submit a Ticket". Fill in as much of the needed information as you have (required fields are marked with an asterick I believe) and explain your situation as clearly as possible. You should get an automated reply almost immediately in your personal email.

At least with planks and ingots , if you made too many you should be able to sell them for a small profit if you list them instead of sell immediately and put an order in for the base components you used. I try even in my mistakes to find a silver lining to the situation.

Weird as it might sound I often find myself in situations where I can't think like that. I'm the first aider for my work which means I'm one of the first to deal with any injuries (and in my work that can be a lot more than a papercut or a burn from spilled coffee), but my job also involves a lot of problem solving, ASAP and at short notice.

As a result I tend to default to "How can I fix this?" and only start to think about how I feel later on. (I'm aware of it of course, but I can't deal with it right away.) And by then the anger is mostly gone. Sometimes I go out and kick the wall or something or rant to someone about what happened, but that's usually it.

That and, if it was something I did, thinking about why it went wrong and what I can do differently next time. Which doesn't always help, sometimes I don't know, sometimes what I think will help doesn't work next time. But I don't exactly choose to do it, I just find myself thinking about it.

Archived