Can't get into ANY PoF map — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Can't get into ANY PoF map

Was playing about an hour ago and decided to leave the crystal oasis and go to the desert highlands... Big mistake. It sat there and loaded for about 5 minutes until I got the lost connection to the server message and that's all that happens now if I try to load that character.
I decided to play another character and get it to the crystal oasis, Guess what, It's stuck now too. It seems I can't go to any PoF map with any character at all.

Comments

• Same issue.
    Dc'd last night so went off, now i cant get on the character that dc'd anymore.
    Character select says its in Elon Riverlands, then i try to load, it loads for a couple of seconds, then decides to start loading the desolation(which is where i dc'd) then keeps loading for like 5 minutes till i dc and try again, been doing this for like an hour now.

• Same here, been trying to get in the Desert Highlands but stuck at the loading screen for the last 6 minutes.

• Same for me. Logged out in desolation like 40 minutes ago, to take a short break, and now i cant log back onto my soulbeast.
    Sadface :/
    It's the waypoint before the bone palace. Map worked fine before logging off. Playing from Germany, provider is telekom, Windows 10, 64bit.

• Same issue here

“I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now? Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.” ~ John Lennon.

• Znighty.3546Znighty.3546 Member
    edited September 23, 2017

Same here stuck on loading screen with the server address 18.194.113.218
    Seems like this server is dead.
    Its only this one char all others load fine into their maps.

• Issues is Resolved for me now. Thanks

• Yeah great and now i can't even log in to the game ...

“I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now? Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.” ~ John Lennon.

• the character i finished sparkkling flame story gets error code 42.... when i try to log-in the game, while every other character that i didnt finished the story logs in without a problem.

• @Krasipeace.1589 said:
    the character i finished sparkkling flame story gets error code 42.... when i try to log-in the game, while every other character that i didnt finished the story logs in without a problem.

Same problem here after finished the quest. :'(

• i am taking everything back, it worked for a bit, allthough laggy, then i tried to change map and now i am stuck in an endless loop of loadscreen again :/
    can we get any form of feedback from the team that you guys are seeing this? working on this? took notice at all?

• Yeah.. No Zone change is working for me.

• My second character got put back at the airship in lions arch and loaded up again. The other well it worked for a few minutes until I tried to use a WP to get into the next map for the story now it's stuck again. It seems any type of zone travelling is a no no.

• Been trying to get into domain of vabbi for the past 25 mins whewww

• Same here !

• nice finished last story instances then i exit it then i crash and now i can't get into any pof map

• same here can get into any pof map other works fine on alts

• Anything PoF related, even the Loin's Arch story instance, makes my characters completely stuck and unplayable. All I get is a never ending loading screen till it gives me 'game client has lost connection to server' 10 mins later. I can load everything else fine and was able to play PoF last night, so why can't I play it now?

• I have the same isseu, the story get's stuck all the time... verry frustrating, i hope Arena Net fixes this quickly

• same issue, crashed when loading into the last story instance, now can't load into Domain of Vabbi (EU)

• Same issue here can't load any map, been trying forever to get into the Blazing a Trail Story instance, hope they will find a solution quick.

• Same here! I can't log in onto any of my characters that are into a PoF map :( I was beginning to enjoy my Deadeye spec sob

• Ireth.9804Ireth.9804 Member

Same issue, error code 5:11:3:159:101, in Desert Highlands as well. :(

• Im in! GUYS IM INN

• Funny thing that ANET is not responding to any of this kind of posts .

• @Rafaqio.6598 said:
    Funny thing that ANET is not responding to any of this kind of posts .

Yeah, that would be really great if they would give us some news.

• An acknowledgement that the EU servers are hung-over and techs are on their way to administer aspirin would be nice.

• Yargesh.4965Yargesh.4965 Member ✭✭✭

Same problem here, it started with not being able to wp to a different map then I could not login with the character that is located on the new maps. Can't restart the story on a different character either.

• Aury.1367Aury.1367 Member ✭✭✭

Didnt we have a stresstest? Oh wait. did no one participate in the stresstest? Well i logged in for stress test, was playing for 5min and left. Why? We dont get to test the whole map, got bored by the lack of quests aviable and we could keep any loot. Next time ANET does a stress test, give people something so they WANT to test. 90% of my guild was doing something else than testing. Then this happens.
    btw: also stuck on loading screen, cant play my character.
    Edit: got in after 10 tries. Keep on going guys.

• I can get to some maps, but can't even access PoF prologue with an alt.
    Stuck on loading screen and then DC.

• @Aury.1367 said:
    Didnt we have a stresstest? Oh wait. did no one participate in the stresstest? Well i logged in for stress test, was playing for 5min and left. Why? We dont get to test the whole map, got bored by the lack of quests aviable and we could keep any loot. Next time ANET does a stress test, give people something so they WANT to test. 90% of my guild was doing something else than testing. Then this happens.
    btw: also stuck on loading screen, cant play my character.
    Edit: got in after 10 tries. Keep on going guys.

You can get in but try moving around using the WP's. I'm up to the part of the story where I have to walk through the gate to get to the desert highlands but it just wont load the next area. I hit ok to go through the gate it sits there for about 5-10 seconds then goes to the loading screen and then that's it, It sits on the load screen for 5 minutes or so then just boots me out of the game with the lost connection error.

• @Aris.4231 said:
    I can get to some maps, but can't even access PoF prologue with an alt.
    Stuck on loading screen and then DC.

Yep my alt got spat back to the airship in lions arch after I got on and it just loaded for 5 minutes then crashed

• Guys, did you try doing a DNS flush? I did that and the problems disappeared.

• @Realight.3507 said:
    Guys, did you try doing a DNS flush? I did that and the problems disappeared.

Tried that and all I got was insane lag after. It's morning here now so off to try again

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.