First few story instances still not working

Same thing here. For a preordered game (at 80 euros), I expect to be able to run the story - instead, here I am 2nd day since the launch and I'm still trying to get past the loading screen. I actually got through twice but got DC-ed very early in the instance.

This is really killing any excitement I had over the launch - as now I feel I am not being a part of the launch - and no fix in the future can fix missing on that experience.

I definitely won't be rewarding such delivery with another preorder in the future, even though I love GW2.

xxXXXxx

For some people, flushing your DNS could help you to at least get into the instance. I did that, got in and got DC-ed... again.What you do is run windows' "RUN" command (hold WIN+R keys), type in "ipconfig /flushdns" hit enter and restart your computer after that.

Hopefully some other poor soul will have more luck with that than me.

@Blood.7254 said:Same thing here. For a preordered game (at 80 euros), I expect to be able to run the story - instead, here I am 2nd day since the launch and I'm still trying to get past the loading screen. I actually got through twice but got DC-ed very early in the instance.

This is really killing any excitement I had over the launch - as now I feel I am not being a part of the launch - and no fix in the future can fix missing on that experience.

I definitely won't be rewarding such delivery with another preorder in the future, even though I love GW2.

xxXXXxx

For some people, flushing your DNS could help you to at least get into the instance. I did that, got in and got DC-ed... again.What you do is run windows' "RUN" command (hold WIN+R keys), type in "ipconfig /flushdns" hit enter and restart your computer after that.

Hopefully some other poor soul will have more luck with that than me.

Agreed, it's specially bad, because some part of the playerbase could play, for some reason, it feels really bad being left out... I don't think i will ever preorder gw2 xpacks again, and definitely won't get ultimate edition ever, i will just buy the basic one. And I don't care about any excuse like "every mmo launch is like that" -because that's not true.

Getting same issue on the prologue that's if the instance actually starts. Most times it does not, on a few occasions it comes up with the reported error code and when the screen does appear, that would normally tell you that you are about to enter the instance it holds there and then I get the message that I have lost connection with the server. I have been having this issue for some hours. I'm not happy about it. I think that a nice big present is due . Will I pre-order again NO this is unsatisfactory and if it were a car I would have it back to the garage asking for my money back.

@cocodragon.7916 said:This issue is not limited to PoF, as Jaidy noted.Story instances throughout the game are affected. I have noted endless players in chat having problems in Draconis Mons and Siren's Landing for example.At the moment then, the Personal Story aspect of the game is crippled.

Which is a huge issue since i cant see the pof maps i paid for until i do the prologue. :confounded:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived