Getting geared freshly lvl 80 - trinkets

DooM.6028

Hi ! I just hit 80 on my elementalist. I'm looking into gearing her up. I've already crafted full exotic berserker gear but now i'm looking into my (very) outdated trinkets. Appart from crafting them (I do not have the gold to do so atm) where can i get descent trinkets ? And which ones should I be looking for. I don't plan on going PVP so it's mainly for PVE exploration and first looks at dungeons etc.

You can get exotic trinkets for karma at the Orr temples, or if you have LWS3 you can get basically free trinkets for farming the map currencies at gathering nodes.

You can also cash in laurels/WvW badges at appropriate merchants, but those tend to be not as cost efficient.

Rings drop like candy in fractals.

Edit: Get berserker trinkets.

If I was you I'd use laurels to get ascended trinkets from the vendors in the major cities. Laurels don't have many uses so it's not too much of a problem if you use them all getting ascended trinkets, and since you get laurels from login rewards you've probably got quite a few already and will get more without having to go out of your way.

The karma vendors at the Temples in Orr are another option, they only offer exotic quality (which is slightly weaker than ascended) but that's fine for the majority of the game.

Getting ascended trinkets from the Living Story Season 3 maps (particularly Bitterfrost Frontier) is popular with some people because you can select the stats and change them later on if you want and because they include the new stats introduced with HoT. But I wouldn't recommend it for someone who has just gotten to level 80 because there's quite a few barriers to getting started. Unless you already have it unlocked you'll have to pay 200 gems to unlock the episode (and you'll need at least 2 episodes to get a full set of trinkets because you can't equip 2 Black Ice Bands or Earrings), and if you don't buy and play Out of the Shadows you'll need to pay 5g to be able to collect Unbound Magic (the maps currency). Then you have to play through the first few steps of the story before your character will be allowed into the map. Then you can start gathering, but you'll have to deal with enemies designed for experienced players while you do it so you may die a lot. On top of all that it takes quite a while to gather enough Unbound Magic and map items to buy the trinkets.

All of that is fine for experienced players looking to complete their ideal set of ascended equipment (especially since they'll probably have done some of it anyway), but it's a bit much for a new level 80 just looking for some level appropriate equipment.

Thank you Danikat for your detailed answer. It is what i was looking for since I'm struggeling quite a bit understanding all the abreviations and everything that is now available to me.I already struggle doing my personal story chapter 8, so I guess I'll wait a bit before stumbeling into Living Story etc.As for the trinkets, what i did for now is craft myself ruby masterwork earrings rings and amulet and go with that for the moment.

Here's the main Wiki for trinkets with aquisition methods involved.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Ascended_trinket

Depending on your playtime and currency situation, you could purchase accessories from Guild(hall) vendor for 12commends and 5ghttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Guild_Commendation_Trader

Also if you have enough, Laurel Merchants are another option (think this one has been mentioned a few times):https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Laurel_MerchantIt might not be considered as "the most efficient" but if you have enough laurels and aren't desperate to use them for anything else, why not utilize them?

If you do fractals (even low tier), you can quickly gain enough relics to purchase rings.https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/BUY-2046_PFR#vendor11

Archived