Burst damage aoe build?

Annihilator.2617

Usually my wvw fights are big zerg fights with clouding that does not last long to make full skill rotation. So I need to output max aoe damage in 15-25 sec of fight after which there is no fight for at least 1-2 mins. So I need a build that is oriented at max burst aoe damage. Which build best suits for my kind of gameplay?

You can stack all dmg modifiers from fire+air/arcane+weaver (a regular staff weaver build) and throw in your lava font, followed by dual skill 3 with fire (preferably fire/air or fire/earth), meteor shower, more lava font, arcane waves and FGS 5. It's not really bursty, but it does a lot of aoe damage in ~10-15 second period. The rest is usually spamming fireballs and lava fonts, followed by skills 2 on other attunements and dual skills with fire.

Ele's bursts (aka 1-shots) are mostly single target focused.

Play scorge you can drop wells far faster then any ele's MS. As well as having added burst effect from the scorge pets.Sadly ele never was given any "fast cast" so you got to deal with long cast time and travel times. At best your "brust" dmg in a group is going to be from fire ball 1 spam and lava font.

@"Jski.6180" said:Play scorge you can drop wells far faster then any ele's MS. As well as having added burst effect from the scorge pets.Sadly ele never was given any "fast cast" so you got to deal with long cast time and travel times. At best your "brust" dmg in a group is going to be from fire ball 1 spam and lava font.

The problem is not in the slower cast. I just want maximum possible aoe dmg output in 15 sec from long distance.

@Annihilator.2617 said:

@"Jski.6180" said:Play scorge you can drop wells far faster then any ele's MS. As well as having added burst effect from the scorge pets.Sadly ele never was given any "fast cast" so you got to deal with long cast time and travel times. At best your "brust" dmg in a group is going to be from fire ball 1 spam and lava font.

The problem is not in the slower cast. I just want maximum possible aoe dmg output in 15 sec from long distance.

That one in the same... you could even talk about tick delay of aoe as a means of "slow cast" as it is effected by cast speed even after the fact. The faster you can cast the more things you can do with in a time. Added effect like quickness allow these aoe cast faster and tick faster. Ele lacks that at best your going to get one big effect off and hope they stand in it on some level and then fall into more of an def and stay alive mood.

@Annihilator.2617 said:Usually my wvw fights are big zerg fights with clouding that does not last long to make full skill rotation. So I need to output max aoe damage in 15-25 sec of fight after which there is no fight for at least 1-2 mins. So I need a build that is oriented at max burst aoe damage. Which build best suits for my kind of gameplay?

Just go with the standard pve staff weaver. It bursts by stacking a lot of aoes in short time, which sounds exactly what you're asking for. You might want to take icebow instead of LH if you want to do it from range.

But I don't think it will work very well. You kinda need defensive utilities to survive. Trading them for a couple of extra aoes doesn't seem reasonable, because unlike monsters, the opposing players will most often walk/dodge out of your aoes.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived