sPvP - Help vs spellbreaker

Sampson.2403

I play condi mirage in sPvP and im usually floating around the plat 1 and plat 2 range and am looking for advice from players in that rank window or higher.

Even when i played power mirage shatter last season or the chrono disenchanter build this season i always struggle horribly vs spellbreakers. I can't seem to put any pressure on them.

Any tips? My build is like 90% the same as the carion ineptitude build on meta battle.

Kite and save your biggest condi bursts like Torch 4+5 until after they waste their resistance skills. Open up with a more minor Mind Wrack to bait them into popping Berserker Stance. Once they pop that you can unload on them. If they pop heal signet use Sigil of Annulment to strip resistance and you've won.

Always kite them. Use terrain and Phase retreat to you're advantage. Never go toe to toe with them. It's really just a matter of kiting them effectively until their defensive utilities run out.

@Sampson.2403 said:Ok perfect thanks. Which weapon set do you wear the sigil of annulement on?

Sword torch. If you know you're going to have to fight spellbreakers you replace the energy sigil on that set.

Also while you can beat spellbreakers this way and absolutely dunk on them if they're bad, it's generally such a long fight that it's usually better to just rotate away from them.

@mortrialus.3062 said:Kite and save your biggest condi bursts like Torch 4+5 until after they waste their resistance skills. Open up with a more minor Mind Wrack to bait them into popping Berserker Stance. Once they pop that you can unload on them. If they pop heal signet use Sigil of Annulment to strip resistance and you've won.

Always kite them. Use terrain and Phase retreat to you're advantage. Never go toe to toe with them. It's really just a matter of kiting them effectively until their defensive utilities run out.

& they keep saying mesmers needs only low skill cap to play & rôle over anything. Haha..funny

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@mortrialus.3062 said:Kite and save your biggest condi bursts like Torch 4+5 until after they waste their resistance skills. Open up with a more minor Mind Wrack to bait them into popping Berserker Stance. Once they pop that you can unload on them. If they pop heal signet use Sigil of Annulment to strip resistance and you've won.

& they keep saying mesmers needs only low skill cap to play & rôle over anything. Haha..funny

Certain builds have low skill cap (aka even bad players can play it )

Update - this has really worked well vs spell breakers. I've gone from getting smashed 100% of the time to winning 50/50.

The hardest thing to do is to get them to actually blow cooldowns without using the primary burst tools (shatter 2, torch 4 and 5).

Ive come across some spellbreakers who also save their block for when i go invis with torch 4.

@Sampson.2403 said:

Update - this has really worked well vs spell breakers. I've gone from getting smashed 100% of the time to winning 50/50.

The hardest thing to do is to get them to actually blow cooldowns without using the primary burst tools (shatter 2, torch 4 and 5).

Ive come across some spellbreakers who also save their block for when i go invis with torch 4.

That's very smart of them. That's exactly what I would do lol. It's just one more thing you have to pressure them into popping prematurely. Keep practicing and you can turn it into 100%. Also take note of all the ways you can abuse Phase Retreat. You can use it to blink up a lot of ledges in the game and literally force the Spellbreaker to march the long way all around to get to you.

Archived