[Video] Staff Weaver WvW Roaming. Huh?

Goodi.7931

Fellow Elementalists,

I don't post here often. Not to mention post videos. But hey, I thought this might be nice to be shared here too, especially for those who might have the misconception that staff is only for zergs and PvE.

So the question is, what do you get when you combine following?

• Glassy staff weaver including this infamously horrible skill called "Unravel"
  • Geographical lag with 200+ ping
  • Current WvW roaming scene being what it is...

Well, check out:

Build in video description.

Hope you enjoy! :)

-Goodi

Fighting against (and probably cherry picking like all other montages) randoms in wvw that constantly get hit by a stand still, big tell attack called Pile Drivers doesn't really prove anything (not to mention i think almost all of them in this video are regular Pile Drivers that didnt even require lighting flash)

@"LazySummer.2568" said:Fighting against (and probably cherry picking like all other montages) randoms in wvw that constantly get hit by a stand still, big tell attack called Pile Drivers doesn't really prove anything (not to mention i think almost all of them in this video are regular Pile Drivers that didnt even require lighting flash)

And what did I try to prove? That staff weaver is the god of WvW roaming builds? No. That I win every fight despite having 250 ping on a good day? No.

But in today's WvW where 95% of the players are "randoms" such as presented in the video, can you have fun and laughs with a non-meta build like in the video? Yes.

Cheers.

@LazySummer.2568 said:Fighting against (and probably cherry picking like all other montages) randoms in wvw that constantly get hit by a stand still, big tell attack called Pile Drivers doesn't really prove anything (not to mention i think almost all of them in this video are regular Pile Drivers that didnt even require lighting flash)

All randoms are using cheese builds and ...ofc all montage videos are cherry picking, even the best youtuber will only have cherry picked fights in his video. The main reason why the OP should be showed respect and support, it's because he's not running some idiotic cheesy condi mirage stealth and talk about greatness, he's running a goddamn marauder staff ele roamer with no water traitline...if you can do better do pls show us

@Arheundel.6451 said:

@LazySummer.2568 said:Fighting against (and probably cherry picking like all other montages) randoms in wvw that constantly get hit by a stand still, big tell attack called Pile Drivers doesn't really prove anything (not to mention i think almost all of them in this video are regular Pile Drivers that didnt even require lighting flash)

All randoms are using cheese builds and ...ofc all montage videos are cherry picking, even the best youtuber will only have cherry picked fights in his video. The main reason why the OP should be showed respect and support, it's because he's not running some idiotic cheesy condi mirage stealth and talk about greatness, he's running a kitten marauder staff ele roamer with no water traitline...if you can do better do pls show us

Not sure why you bring cheese builds in here, I mean you said it yourself, staff ele IS a shit build in wvw roaming/pvp, but when you get these phrases from OP:

@"Goodi.7931" said:especially for those who might have the misconception that staff is only for zergs and PvE.

• Glassy staff weaver including this infamously horrible skill called "Unravel"
  • Geographical lag with 200+ ping

and then a montage video in wvw where every single encounter is him winning (and more than half of them are probably killing randoms that's just trying to get their dailies, which is evident when the fights are against 1~3 ppl at some camp/monument/sentry), it's implied he's trying to prove some point about staff ele being viable/good or some bs. It's not even educational/insightful such as how to roam/fight against other classes as the underdog staff ele; just a simple montage video farming scrubs. It's basically the same as some guy running turret engi or minion necro and then cherry pick instances where he won against people who don't know better. The only thing going for it is that it's definitely better than other montages where the guy runs these meta cheese builds you've listed.

@"LazySummer.2568"Did you even bother reading my own reply from earlier? I am not trying to prove anything else than that you can have fun when roaming with this against the current WvW population of these "randoms" you like to refer to. Especially if you are someone who wants to get bit of a challenge instead of running the brokenly op builds that are nowadays everywhere. Can we leave it at that?

For someone who wants to fight top roamers or ranked pvp, I am the first to say that this is not a viable solo build. And neither is 200+ ping (unless you run cheese SB or something). Peace out.

@Goodi.7931 said:@"LazySummer.2568"Did you even bother reading my own reply from earlier? I am not trying to prove anything else than that you can have fun when roaming with this against the current WvW population of these "randoms" you like to refer to. Especially if you are someone who wants to get bit of a challenge instead of running the brokenly op builds that are nowadays everywhere. Can we leave it at that?

For someone who wants to fight top roamers or ranked pvp, I am the first to say that this is not a viable solo build. And neither is 200+ ping (unless you run cheese SB or something). Peace out.

Nothing in your original post/title/video suggests the things you're suggesting in your replies. Mentioning "horrible" skills such as Unravel instead of going into reasons why you think it'll make staff better (eg. free stab proc, easier access to cc skills that are mostly on slot 3~5) and especially lag has nothing to do with anything other than trying to prove something similar to what my original reply says. Ok, let's leave it at that, glad you're having fun running staff ele in wvw. I mean it is pretty fun to meme on ppl with those Pile Drivers and Lighting Rod, doubly so when you add in lightning hammer and tornado.

when the outcome of opensource culture turns into little why didnt you know what i want for free before i knew it myself brats

so in your third post you actually figured out what you want to ask him that you did not understand but even than you continue to rant :D

Play in NA. good luck fighting Fort Aspen and Black Gate lol You go down in a second and you don't even use insta cast. All the pro staff ele's from 2012 use insta cast up till 2015 prehot and close to the middle of hot in wvw. But after all those massive 2016 and 2017 Tempest nerfs. Staff is gone and gl fighting POF metas. No you have nothing other than support or if you have a squad backing you. Here me out I front line staff in zerg but you can; take contiues fire over 10 seconds you'd rip The moment 2 scourges corrupt you in a zerg fight. You get insta pewed the moment you lose boons. Hey i used to D/D ele 1 v10 for the first 20-30 seconds before hoping away. Not possible after POF. The amount of CCs , corruption and burst damage you can lay waist to an ele is incredible. Sword can help you with some 1v1 or 1v2 or 1v3. If the cc and corrupted you you go down fairly fast in a 1v2 or if you get change burst by 2 mirages hybrid. You can only dodge and run so much. Thieves can insta gib you or Holo enough so 2 metas can jump you under 10 seconds.

No staff took some big nerfs in the past and has not been update to fight of POF meta. Buff staff and make flare a fireball again.

Wonderful!! I loved roaming on Staff, but it is often so difficult. Seeing it pulled off, especially in 1vX is a great sight no matter who you are fighting.

I have no idea why people are being so negative against it? I wonder if they've ever tried to seriously roam with Staff before... it's difficult, even more so in todays WvW meta. Great video maybe I'll give it a go sometime. I haven't really had the urge to roam on ele anymore but maybe its time to dust off the old glass cannon and fire some shots again.

Archived