Magi's or Minstrels?

ZNICK.8537

I'm comparing magi's (prec/vit/heals) to minstrel's (tough/heal/vit/concen) for a healing Tempest. (mainly for WvW)

Is the biggest difference that minstrel's will give me a little less heals and a little more tankiness? I think magi's may give me some dps too.

I guess I'm thrown a bit by the concentration, knowing with magi's my food will convert some precision to concentration anyway.

@Ario.8964 said:The concentration from minstrel's will benefit you so much more than the precision from magi or the concentration it converts to. If you're going support, may as well go all the way.

What about the healing then? Won't I have lower healing than going magi's, or does the concentration make up for it?

@ZNICK.8537 said:

@Ario.8964 said:The concentration from minstrel's will benefit you so much more than the precision from magi or the concentration it converts to. If you're going support, may as well go all the way.

What about the healing then? Won't I have lower healing than going magi's, or does the concentration make up for it?

In my experience, the pure sustain you can add to your teammates through higher prot, vigor, and regen uptime from concentration more than compensates for the small loss in healing power. Your healing should also be pretty damn high if you're running full minstrel anyways. As long as you're over 1000 healing power your support capabilities should be sufficient.

Archived