Revenant vs guardian

Milan.9035

My current situation is that i just finished getting all the legendary pvp armor and getting all viper jewellery and legendary pvp back item. I mostly played rev. And i do have a guard who i play rarely. I think the reason i played the rev more was that its more dps and fast action packed playing. But rev has been sliding more and more into the toilet. While guard just gets more interesting every expanaion. Firebrand looks quite fun and viable for all modes.

So i am thinking to switch over all my gear and play guard. What kept me at rev for so long was the animatioms and effects. But now guard has some cool stuff too.

I pvo the most then i like to roam in wvw and do some zergs sometimes. I alao like fractals and every new patch do some pve story stuff. But again most of my time is in pvp.

So should i switch or stay rev and hope it gets better.

You can just play both. Besides pve, both of them have very different roles so you can bring whatever the group needs. In pve both are somewhat underwhelming compared to other meta dps/support builds, so it's not much important which one you bring.

There's no reason to play only one class in gw2 unless you really want to play just one.

@steki.1478 said:You can just play both. Besides pve, both of them have very different roles so you can bring whatever the group needs. In pve both are somewhat underwhelming compared to other meta dps/support builds, so it's not much important which one you bring.

There's no reason to play only one class in gw2 unless you really want to play just one.

Guardian underwhelming in pve?I really can't agree on this one.It's a very viable class, and I'm not afraid to say, in just every single game mode right now, either as a dps class(both power and condi), or a pure support(can be easily take the place of 2nd healer).

Guardian is viable everywhere.

• Open World, pick Core or Dragonhunter.
  • High-end PvE, pick Dragonhunter for power DPS, Firebrand for condition DPS. Firebrand can also be played as a healer or tank.
  • PvP, Radiant Core Guardian, Meditrapper Dragonhunter, Burn Firebrand or Support Firebrand.
  • WvW,for small scale play Core and Dragonhunter are better. For zerging play Support Firebrand.

I didnt say it isnt viable. There's no class thats not viable because enrages in raids are a joke so you can play literally any open world there.I said somewhat underwhelming as in there are a lot better picks for both dps and support (pve), so no one will explicitly ask for guard or rev, even though they are acceptable.

Archived