poly-luminescent undulating refractor infusions

Jables.4659

@Jables.4659 said:Thanks, I wanted to use Fiery Dragon Sword and Icy Dragon sword as my sword/sword set with both orange and teal refractor infusions on my new mirage build. It would've looked so cool with a blend of teal and orange haha. Thanks for saving me 200 gold though :D

You could always spam weapon swap.. be like a traffic light LOL

• 1 month later...

I made the teal version (Poly-luminescent Undulating Infusion (Teal)) from a salvaged Halloween trinket and lots of fractals stuff. I did a quick search and I was thinking this would give some sort of minor particle effect. WRONG. It's turned me completely green - everything totally green. It's kinda cool because it's a green I don't think I could replicate with dyes but I'm gonna want to switch color schemes. I think the only way I can do this is un-equip the trinket but..........that's sort of ridiculous. Anyone else in this situation? Would be nice if I could disable this.

I like using a Poly-Lumi on one weapon per set, so that I have a like-a-sore-thumb visual indicator of the active weapon set. During typical combat, it's not needed, of course. But with all the mounting and dismounting and changing mesmer builds every 1.7 minutes, I sometimes forget which set I was last on... so I like a bright color reminder that I've still got the pistol or torch etc.

Plus, it is a sort of cool visual effect, for the toon to change 'glow' on swap.(elementalists and engineers need not apply, sorry)

@VitisVinifera.2834 said:I made the teal version (Poly-luminescent Undulating Infusion (Teal)) from a salvaged Halloween trinket and lots of fractals stuff. I did a quick search and I was thinking this would give some sort of minor particle effect. WRONG. It's turned me completely green - everything totally green. It's kinda cool because it's a green I don't think I could replicate with dyes but I'm gonna want to switch color schemes. I think the only way I can do this is un-equip the trinket but..........that's sort of ridiculous. Anyone else in this situation? Would be nice if I could disable this.

The Poly-Lumi refractors can't be removed without using a BL Salvage Kit (which destroys the trinket). And yes, a lot of us were frustrated by this since most exotic trinkets are soulbound on upgrade and many of the account bound ones were unsalvageable. Fortunately, ANet agreed that this was worth fixing, which is why we can convert the refractors to infusions.

In contrast, Infusions can easily be removed using the Infusion Extraction Device. 24 silver from INFUZ in the fractal and mistlock lobbies. It removes ALL infusions without harming the ascended item in which it/they are stored. (Requires some fractal mastery to purchase.)

Archived