LF best class to carry pug T4 fractals

gateless gate.8406

Hi friends, as the title says, I'm looking for any and all advice on the best class to carry pugs. I've been working my way up through T3 with Reaper, and while I do use the blood magic traitline and can easily revive people, I'm interested in getting even better at carrying pugs. My goal is to make my daily runs as smooth as possible.

I have a lvl 80 druid (and enough tomes to power-level any other class I might need). I'm thinking druid would be very powerful due to the heals and spirits (which have massive range on their buffs -- good for helping disorganized pugs that are running all over the place). I'm also interested in tempest due to that same benefit -- huge range on the passive heal/aura sharing, so I can help the group no matter how disorganized we are.

Can anyone offer any advice on Druid vs. Tempest, as well as any opinions on how much easier my pugs would get if I run Druid over my power Reaper? In other words, is it worth it to re-acquire ascended accessories/weapons to play Druid? Note: I'm not necessarily looking for the most optimal class; I'm looking for the easiest way to carry bad/disorganized/off-meta pugs in regular T4 dailies.

Thanks muchly~

You could carry on both. Tempest offers very strong heals while druid offers dps boost and cc. Those buffs are clearly not very effective if your group doesnt do much dps, but the heals are good enough and cc makes runs smoother.

Ideally you could run some might focused tempest build with d/w or s/w which has less heals than regular water-auto-spam staff tempest, but has decent might uptime, some cc and good heal bursts. If group isnt stacking then you cant provide might with druid while tempest still has decent radius on wh 4 skill.

Probably Firebrand or Chrono. They have the highest support utility in the game.... and work to amplify their performance. But thats a tough call, since T4 demands players be a bit more self sustaining, as the instabilities typically force teams to break up. Druids are good for keeping them alive, but it can't cover their mistakes, and you have no DPS on your own to make up for it.

With Firebrand you can mimic most of the Druid's functions, but have more utility to fill in the gaps. That more rounded capability is what you'd want if you can least trust them to handle proximity stacking in T4. Druid has better range, no doubt, but the nerfs made it so you can't stack might and heal reliably at the same time.

Chrono brings more offensive support, allowing you to control parts of the field, and massively amplify their DPS output (provided they can maintain good positions). The chrono is standard for most comps, but is also one of the harder roles to maintain in a disorganized group. If any build is back bone to the the majority of the game, it would be the Quickness Chorno.

I belive chronomancer would probably be the strongest. Insane breaks, pulls, and boons (quickness and alacrity manily), which would also boost the numbers of everyone in your group.To me it just feels like a good chrono makes all the difference in fractals, makes alot of things alot more smooth and easier.

Heal Tempest - Water/Earth/Tempest. Harrier+Magi gear, Water runes, Staff, Transference Sigil.I personally find this a practical and fool-proof build as it is very forgiving to your team.Yes, it provides fewer offensive buffs but the overheal, permanent vigor, permanent regen and high protection up-time combined with auras which further reduce incoming damage (Magnetic and Frost Aura) means your team can miss the odd dodge here and there and not be punished.In many t4s the whole team is able to facetank and ,in some situations, this actually provides higher DPS since there is less time wasted on dodging or re-positioning.
IMO it is one of the better heal builds since it can easily keep a less experienced team alive or ensure players stay above 90% to maintain their scholar bonuses..If you're looking for a carry class, this does it well.

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:Heal Tempest - Water/Earth/Tempest. Harrier+Magi gear, Water runes, Staff, Transference Sigil.I personally find this a practical and fool-proof build as it is very forgiving to your team.Yes, it provides fewer offensive buffs but the overheal, permanent vigor, permanent regen and high protection up-time combined with auras which further reduce incoming damage (Magnetic and Frost Aura) means your team can miss the odd dodge here and there and not be punished.In many t4s the whole team is able to facetank and ,in some situations, this actually provides higher DPS since there is less time wasted on dodging or re-positioning.

IMO it is one of the better heal builds since it can easily keep a less experienced team alive or ensure players stay above 90% to maintain their scholar bonuses..If you're looking for a carry class, this does it well.

Sorry, new to high end fractals and ele in general. Can you, please, link or describe this build a bit in more details? Sorry for the trouble, but I like Tempest and I am searching for a build like that. But with my lack of experience on the profession, can't make my own build. Your build sounds like a great/best way to start for me. So I would really appreciate more detailed description, if possible of course :) Many thanks either way!

@FyzE.3472 said:

@"MarshallLaw.9260" said:Heal Tempest - Water/Earth/Tempest. Harrier+Magi gear, Water runes, Staff, Transference Sigil.I personally find this a practical and fool-proof build as it is
very
forgiving to your team.Yes, it provides fewer offensive buffs but the overheal, permanent vigor, permanent regen and high protection up-time combined with auras which further reduce incoming damage (Magnetic and Frost Aura) means your team can miss the odd dodge here and there and not be punished.In many t4s the whole team is able to facetank and ,in some situations, this actually provides higher DPS since there is less time wasted on dodging or re-positioning.

Sorry, new to high end fractals and ele in general. Can you, please, link or describe this build a bit in more details? Sorry for the trouble, but I like Tempest and I am searching for a build like that. But with my lack of experience on the profession, can't make my own build. Your build sounds like a great/best way to start for me. So I would really appreciate more detailed description, if possible of course :) Many thanks either way!

This is my current set-uphttp://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFAQFAWn0XC9XiVYCOYCcYiFRAbIAMAufut14aeloDkAOAA-jxxDQBw7BAYJ1fGqOAuqE8qK/AwFAwJ7PQKA/GsB-e

Here is an explanation:GearMagi armor gives the best Healing Power so that is always an option.Harrier can be difficult/expensive to craft, and has no Toughness, which is a somewhat-useful defensive stat. By mixing the two, we maintain very strong Healing Power but also with Water runes and cheap food can have 70% boon duration which easily allows for permanent vigor and regen (mentioned later).Water Runes provide more healing power and 2nd best boon duration ( Leadership Runes being the best, but I would not recommend these personally).Staff - heals on staff are pretty good, Geyser is large enough can be targeted to cover 3-4 players. Healing rain is great for very large area condi cleanse...TraitsWater 1,2,2The build is all about auras since aura application grants boons passives which apply auras are an easy source of this. Cleanse on water swap is useful for condi-heavy encounters. Powerful Aura ensures any time you get an aura, your whole party gets it.

Earth 3,2,1Depending on your composition, there may not be any other sources of protection in the party. Granting Protection ever time you proc an aura is another way to reduce damage taken. Stability may be needed in some encounters and this build does not have it anywhere else. Diamond skin is a very selfish trait but for a good reason. The basics of your role is to stay alive and keep others alive. There is no vitality on this build and your healthpool is not huge, therefore it is better to clear condis on yourself quickly. You can easily heal up to over 75% and they next hit will proc Diamond skin which avoids you wasting a condi-clear if you are the only one affected.(you can also pick AIR and play "fresh air" Tempest which is higher damage overall and can maintain permenant Swiftness and Fury instead of Protection)

Tempest 3,2,3Sticking with aura generation, Unstable Conduit is yet another source of this.Invigorating Torrents is your major source of regen and vigor - every aura application will trigger this.Elemental Bastion is also a direct heal on every application.

SkillsMaybe I'm fairly lazy but I use all shouts -"Wash away the Pain" is a massive AOE heal with fairly low CD. The closer your allies are, the more they get healed."Feel the Burn" ,"Flash-Freeze" and "Aftershock"- all apply auras which in turn apply boons AND heal. Aftershock has a longer CD and can be used to mitigate projectile damage for a brief period of time so spam this less."Rebound" is a lifesaver - if you feel that either you or more than 1 other team member may go down (low health, out of position, etc.) pop this to give you a couple of extra seconds to use another heal.Water Overload is your greatest heal and condi-cleanse combination. There is no need to use this unless you see the party tanking since it puts the overload on longer CD.

Unless your party is very fragile, don't camp water. Instead try to switch to fire or air, then overload when possible. It will slightly increase your low damage and grant more auras...Be aware that you have limited stability when channeling overloads and if interrupted will set them on full CD without granting the aura. Try to avoid daze/stun aoe circles.

As mentioned, this is a very forgiving Auramancer build. It will supply little offensive support (unless you take AIR traits instead of EARTH which provide permanent fury) but IMO is very strong on providing direct healing, condi cleanse, vigor and regen that it should keep even the most fragile groups alive. With more competent groups, you can choose to be more offensive as long as you maintain the 90% health threshold as many people run Scholar Runes.

Apologies for the lengthy post and best of luck.

Edit : - the consumables used are cheap and very effective increasing healing power and concentration which are your two main goals:

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Delicious_Rice_BallDelicious Rice Ball(30 m): +100 Healing Power+10% Healing Effectiveness (Outgoing)andhttps://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Peppermint_OilPeppermint Oil(30 m): Gain Concentration Equal to 3% of Your PrecisionGain Concentration Equal to 6% of Your Healing Power

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:

@MarshallLaw.9260 said:Heal Tempest - Water/Earth/Tempest. Harrier+Magi gear, Water runes, Staff, Transference Sigil.I personally find this a practical and fool-proof build as it is
very
forgiving to your team.Yes, it provides fewer offensive buffs but the overheal, permanent vigor, permanent regen and high protection up-time combined with auras which further reduce incoming damage (Magnetic and Frost Aura) means your team can miss the odd dodge here and there and not be punished.In many t4s the whole team is able to facetank and ,in some situations, this actually provides higher DPS since there is less time wasted on dodging or re-positioning.

This is my current set-up

Here is an explanation:
Gear
Magi armor gives the best
Healing Power
so that is always an option.Harrier can be difficult/expensive to craft, and has no
Toughness
, which is a somewhat-useful defensive stat. By mixing the two, we maintain very strong
Healing Power
but also with Water runes and cheap food can have 70% boon duration which easily allows for permanent vigor and regen (mentioned later).Water Runes provide more healing power and 2nd best boon duration ( Leadership Runes being the best, but I would not recommend these personally).Staff - heals on staff are pretty good, Geyser is large enough can be targeted to cover 3-4 players. Healing rain is great for very large area condi cleanse...
Traits
Water 1,2,2The build is all about auras since aura application grants boons passives which apply auras are an easy source of this. Cleanse on water swap is useful for condi-heavy encounters. Powerful Aura ensures any time you get an aura, your whole party gets it.

Earth 3,2,1Depending on your composition, there may not be any other sources of protection in the party. Granting
Protection
ever time you proc an aura is another way to reduce damage taken. Stability may be needed in some encounters and this build does not have it anywhere else. Diamond skin is a very selfish trait but for a good reason. The basics of your role is to stay alive and keep others alive. There is no vitality on this build and your healthpool is not huge, therefore it is better to clear condis on yourself quickly. You can easily heal up to over 75% and they next hit will proc Diamond skin which avoids you wasting a condi-clear if you are the only one affected.
(you can also pick AIR and play "fresh air" Tempest which is higher damage overall and can maintain permenant Swiftness and Fury instead of Protection)

Tempest 3,2,3Sticking with aura generation,
Unstable Conduit
is yet another source of this.
Invigorating Torrents
is your major source of regen and vigor - every aura application will trigger this.
Elemental Bastion
is also a direct heal on every application.

Skills
Maybe I'm fairly lazy but I use all shouts -"Wash away the Pain" is a massive AOE heal with fairly low CD. The closer your allies are, the more they get healed."Feel the Burn" ,"Flash-Freeze" and "Aftershock"- all apply auras which in turn apply boons AND heal. Aftershock has a longer CD and can be used to mitigate projectile damage for a brief period of time so spam this less."Rebound" is a lifesaver - if you feel that either you or
more than 1
other team member may go down (low health, out of position, etc.) pop this to give you a couple of extra seconds to use another heal.
Water Overload
is your greatest heal and condi-cleanse combination. There is no need to use this unless you see the party tanking since it puts the overload on longer CD.

Unless your party is
very
fragile, don't camp water. Instead try to switch to fire or air, then overload when possible. It will slightly increase your low damage and grant more auras...Be aware that you have limited stability when channeling overloads and if interrupted will set them on full CD without granting the aura. Try to avoid daze/stun aoe circles.

As mentioned, this is a very forgiving Auramancer build. It will supply little offensive support (unless you take AIR traits instead of EARTH which provide permanent fury) but IMO is very strong on providing direct healing, condi cleanse, vigor and regen that it should keep even the most fragile groups alive. With more competent groups, you can choose to be more offensive as long as you maintain the 90% health threshold as many people run Scholar Runes.

Apologies for the lengthy post and best of luck.

Edit : - the consumables used are cheap and very effective increasing healing power and concentration which are your two main goals:

Delicious Rice Ball(30 m): +100 Healing Power+10% Healing Effectiveness (Outgoing)
and
Peppermint Oil(30 m): Gain Concentration Equal to 3% of Your PrecisionGain Concentration Equal to 6% of Your Healing Power

Oh It's such a shame that I can only give 1 "helpful" vote. Thanks you so, so much, good sir! I will enjoy playing your build very much ;)

Archived