Easy builds, desired classes choice

Malpractice.7850

I'm certainly not elitist, but, I recently had wrist surgery and I havent really played in a year or so due to the pain before getting surgery. I'm looking to come back, and get into high level fractals/raids

Previously, I played condi engi, but I'm struggling keeping up with the rotation (currently) on rifle holo.

I'm lookig for some simplistic rotations/builds that would be desired in raids/high level fractals -- namely, I wouldnt get kicked out, and could run 1-2 builds for most raid bosses.

Classes im interested in the most:Rev, engi, Guard, warrior, Necro (necro a distant 5th) in that order. The rest I'm not really interested in much.

A concern I've had, simply reading things, is that Rev, Guard arent really wanted for raids at all, and necro only for a few specific bosses. Is this the case?

Thanks!

Edit: I have ascended basically 1of every weapon, 2 heavy armors, 1 light, 1 medium

Can't go wrong with warrior. Has viable specs in power, condi, dps and support, with at least one or two meta specs. Historically, it's always been desirable regardless of meta due to might stacking. The old axe/burst build still works well enough and has a pretty simple rotation.

Guard is underrated IMO (firebrand is OP) but you're right people don't invite them as much, except for DH which has a top dps spec in the current meta. Stay away from necro ATM, it's in a bad place meta wise. It works, but it's not the best at anything, and Anet loves to nerf it anyway. Rev is a laughingstock and engi is in a very awkward place with many things not working right, although holosmith is a good dps spec.

Working 9 months encoding checks has left me with carpal tunnel, so I can sympathize. Well, there's some bad news. Anet has been designing more and more classes to be high maintenance. Gone are the days where you could do good damage just by camping engi bomb kit, or by summoning three phantasms and spamming a Mantra.

For high level fractals, there's only 3 specs that are guaranteed a slot: Chrono, Druid, Spellbreaker. If you see a party requesting only these classes, avoid it like the plague, because it is full of players who previously were fine with holos and weavers but suddenly they aren't good enough anymore. Aside from those groups, so long as you are "DPS" you can get a spot, and it is rare to get kicked. A lot of groups aren't picky about condi or power DPS, either. When all else fails, just form your own LFG.

From the ones you are interested it, the lowest maintenance one I play is probably the Rev. Power Herald is incredibly low maintenance, only requiring you to legend swap and aura activate at roughly the same time. Renegade is a bit more complex, since the axe rotations require more button presses than sword rotations, and aiming the F3 skill can be a pain at times. The only difficulty in play arises when you have to fulfill some hole in your comp, which can complicate the rotation by quite a bit.

While the Dragonhunter can require some simultaneous button presses, the Firebrand is, for the most part, simply a strict progression of button presses. Bind the Mantras to convenient keys, and from there it is just using 1-5 and the occasional tomb. There's a lot of skills to memorize, but it never gets more difficult than "Press This key, then press that key, then press that key".

I don't have any experience with warrior, though I can't imagine a banner spellbreaker requiring too many actions, given that all of their utilities are banners. The necromancer is the most looked down upon class. Power reaper is low maintenance, since all you do is drop wells then camp reaper shroud, but condi scourge can be incredibly hard to play., Having to constantly micromanage shades, utilities, weapon skills, and weapon swap for damage can be taxing, and because of this it is one of the few professions that require me to float my hands to play effectively.

@"Malpractice.7850" said:I'm certainly not elitist, but, I recently had wrist surgery and I havent really played in a year or so due to the pain before getting surgery. I'm looking to come back, and get into high level fractals/raids

Previously, I played condi engi, but I'm struggling keeping up with the rotation (currently) on rifle holo.

I'm lookig for some simplistic rotations/builds that would be desired in raids/high level fractals -- namely, I wouldnt get kicked out, and could run 1-2 builds for most raid bosses.

Classes im interested in the most:Rev, engi, Guard, warrior, Necro (necro a distant 5th) in that order. The rest I'm not really interested in much.

A concern I've had, simply reading things, is that Rev, Guard arent really wanted for raids at all, and necro only for a few specific bosses. Is this the case?

Thanks!

Edit: I have ascended basically 1of every weapon, 2 heavy armors, 1 light, 1 medium

This might help. A poll a few months old of what people playing most nowadays.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/13758/poll-what-class-do-you-play-the-most

If you struggle with the meta rifle holo, it may be worth checking out the kitless sword/x holo build. Brings slightly less dps than the meta variant, but I wouldn't be surprised if the foolproof rotation made it end up before the meta in quite a few cases. The old description of the build on reddit is still mostly accurate: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/7eb22w/keks_power_holosmith_swordshield_no_kits_dps/

@"CptAurellian.9537" said:If you struggle with the meta rifle holo, it may be worth checking out the kitless sword/x holo build. Brings slightly less dps than the meta variant, but I wouldn't be surprised if the foolproof rotation made it end up before the meta in quite a few cases. The old description of the build on reddit is still mostly accurate: https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/7eb22w/keks_power_holosmith_swordshield_no_kits_dps/

A variation on what @"CptAurellian.9537" posted is the simplified raid build over on meta battle.https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Holosmith_-_No_Kit_Power_DPSBasically trades Shield for Pistol, and Explosives for Tools to get Static Discharge and some personal Quickness from Kinetic Battery.

So I'd say play around with kitless Holo and see where that takes you.

Good that you mention it, because I think that this variant is actually superior to the one from the old reddit thread. I had simply forgotten the explosives -> tools change that has happened in the meantime. Concerning the offhand weapon, pistol has a negligible effect on personal dps - it adds 1-2%, not much more. Thus, I'd strongly recommend to use shield for anything that might need CC.

Archived