Anet, can you stop MM'ing Top100 vs Gold 1 and Lower in Unranked/Ranked

rwolf.9571

I'd say in ranked it screws with you much harder, since the chance that the rest of your team are your own rank are pretty high.

When I experience a blowout, I just turn on some podcast until the end. Make use of the time, y'know?

In unranked it's a lot more unpredictable, you can have such disparity between players even 2 top 250s on the other team can't compensate for the other rookie players. You also never know, it's not like dedicated PvP players have more abilities to work with, there are situations where they'll go down all the same. And in my experience, unranked teams are so diverse it often works against them when they get queued against 5 solo players that on average have better rotations, matchup choice and higher grasp of class.

This is what worked for me (thanks whoever put this forward): Keep queuing until you have 2 consecutive losses, then take a long break.

Since I need time to work on things IRL as well, I also make myself log off if I get 1 win, so I can enjoy that victory and do stuff happy.

@"Ralkuth.1456" said:I'd say in ranked it screws with you much harder, since the chance that the rest of your team are your own rank are pretty high.

When I experience a blowout, I just turn on some podcast until the end. Make use of the time, y'know?

In unranked it's a lot more unpredictable, you can have such disparity between players even 2 top 250s on the other team can't compensate for the other rookie players. You also never know, it's not like dedicated PvP players have more abilities to work with, there are situations where they'll go down all the same. And in my experience, unranked teams are so diverse it often works against them when they get queued against 5 solo players that on average have better rotations, matchup choice and higher grasp of class.

This is what worked for me (thanks whoever put this forward): Keep queuing until you have 2 consecutive losses, then take a long break.

Since I need time to work on things IRL as well, I also make myself log off if I get 1 win, so I can enjoy that victory and do stuff happy.

I just pvp for the daily win and get out, so I don't think taking a break appeals to me.

I mean It took me 8 friggen matches today to get that win. EVERY SINGLE match, somebody with top 100 title. Nothing like playing 8 matches feeling like your contributing ABSOLUTELY nothing to your team to a point you feel like your performance is equivalent to feeding to the other team. /endrant.

Idk if ranked screws you harder. All my matches today were un-ranked :P. I wanted to play a causal match. Ended up turning into a afternoon of "ranked" play.

And my ques are always double or triple the avg shown. Whats up with that? (1m30s avg unranked = 3-4 min. 3m avg ranked= 6-8 min) And this is NA prime time!

@rwolf.9571 said:I just pvp for the daily win and get out, so I don't think taking a break appeals to me.

I mean It took me 8 friggen matches today to get that win. EVERY SINGLE match, somebody with top 100 title. Nothing like playing 8 matches feeling like your contributing ABSOLUTELY nothing to your team to a point you feel like your performance is equivalent to feeding to the other team. /endrant.Suit yourself. Personally I can feel my performance dropping when I lose consecutively, and coming back in half an hour with more focus can usually net me that daily win. By taking a break you also change up the queue population.

You can still do some productive things like try to fight them 1v1 and observe what they do. If you notice they may make use of jump puzzles, use skills in reaction to yours, or approach a fight with positioning. They can all be food for thought. I never try to argue or reply to taunts or jeers of any sort, they don't help me achieve anything.

As for the queue times, I'd say there's an ebb and flow of 8 to 10 minutes, and you might just be queuing into that trough in the middle. Not only would the queue times be longer, but you might even fight the same people.

I don't think it matters in unranked. You see top 250s and 100s but like every1 in unranked is just there to try new classes and builds or they just wanna nice enjoyable pvp experience even if they lose. And i mean losing in unranked by blowouts... who cares. Just unranked. Afk till 500 and queue another one. Don't stress yourself out over nothing but i mean also dont give up easily especially if your team has decent players. I've seen many teams catch up even with a 200 point lead. Just chill i guess.

@"Les.4872" said:I've seen many teams catch up even with a 200 point lead. Just chill i guess.We had a fantastic opening in this one. It was like 200 to them/0 to us before we picked up. None of us said anything scathing while the match went on, we just tried our best to sidenode, then we pulled some outnumbered stalls and slowly turned it around.

I want to say how losing the mid fight, then losing side nodes and getting 3-capped was all an elaborate plan to setup our great rotations toward the end and the glorious teamfights (we won all of them, except that first one), but I don't think y'all are gullible to that degree.

Seriously though, WT actual F happened in the opening?

@mindcircus.1506 said:When I get into matches with players that are clearly better than I am, I use it as a chance to learn. Why are they wrecking me?...How?... What's my counterplay to this?

That's where the problem is. I have no idea if i'm losing because opponents are clearly better in terms of rank, or if i'm losing because opponents are running OP setup and my team is running crap one.

@Ralkuth.1456 said:You can still do some productive things like try to fight them 1v1 and observe what they do. If you notice they may make use of jump puzzles, use skills in reaction to yours, or approach a fight with positioning. They can all be food for thought. I never try to argue or reply to taunts or jeers of any sort, they don't help me achieve anything.

When you fight somebody that is 1 full division above you, It's like fighting a brick wall. The player has all his rotations down pat, And even if you do find a opening to exploit, he's well prepared to mitigate that damage. Even when I do ask for 1v1's, during a blowout. guess what. Zerg comes.

@Les.4872 said:I don't think it matters in unranked. You see top 250s and 100s but like every1 in unranked is just there to try new classes and builds or they just wanna nice enjoyable pvp experience even if they lose. And i mean losing in unranked by blowouts... who cares. Just unranked. Afk till 500 and queue another one. Don't stress yourself out over nothing but i mean also dont give up easily especially if your team has decent players. I've seen many teams catch up even with a 200 point lead. Just chill i guess.

I rather not teammates report me, Even tho it's not proven that reporting even works anyway.

@"mindcircus.1506" said:When I get into matches with players that are clearly better than I am, I use it as a chance to learn. Why are they wrecking me?...How?... What's my counterplay to this?

But you're right, it's much easier to start a forum thread blaming Anet.

Unless you know the in's and outs of every single class and elite. There isn't much chance to learn and counter play, w/o learning that class first. Sure there are some big tells to look out for, Like when a Mesmer or FA is about to pull out a 1 shot burst. It's even more harder when those players are over 1 division ahead of you in skill. When a skilled player can bunk like hell, and dish out the dps. When ranged tactics don't work, when melee tactics don't work. What can you possibly do or learn? All I can personally do is run off, and not contest him, and hope that one of my teammates knows how to counter. How fun.

Look. I just want to casually play in "Unranked" have some fun. Blowouts can be fine. If the fights are good.

But it when it isn't, people go into the AFK, and DC mindset.

@"rwolf.9571" said:When you fight somebody that is 1 full division above you, It's like fighting a brick wall. The player has all his rotations down pat, And even if you do find a opening to exploit, he's well prepared to mitigate that damage. Even when I do ask for 1v1's, during a blowout. guess what. Zerg comes.I had a friend who loved Engineer. He would delete his character only to replace it with another model, with the same name, and Tome'd up to 80... multiple times.

Back in Core I updated him about the most relevant builds but he struck out on his own using P/S Bomb Condi. He wasn't exactly the next Teldo then, but after 5 years of playing nothing but Engineer he was good. He was great on all iterations, Core Power Rifle, Scrapper, Rifle Holo. Top 250 when the seasons started and now that NA is emptied out he climbed to around top 50.

What I'm saying is you can be that brick wall too, it's just how dedicated you are. I wasn't dedicated and now I play all classes at trash tier.

"Fun" is an interesting thing, I do not believe people play to lose and not learn anything. What we really mean when we want "fun" is to have equal tier opponents so we have a chance to win fights or games. When you feel that a game is crooked or rigged and you have no way of winning, you lose the enthusiasm to play.

Archived