Revenant vs Thief: Pros and Cons

I've been playing thief for a long time and still have a blast while playing, but I feel like I'm not as good in raids, fractals etc. I felt like the only usefull build is staff DD. which I don't really like (I'm more of a D/P player). So I made a revenant. And god is PvE fun now. I feel like I'm actually doing stuff (with thief all I could do was burst). Though when I WvW I feel the dmg on rev is slower/lower and I kinda miss the mobility which also isn't as great as on thief.Could you guys help me decide which to main? Ty.

Different classes have different strengths, weaknesses and therefore roles in the game, some of which contradict each other. What you said regarding thieves and revs is true, in that they are good at different things but not both. If you want to just pick 1 class, I would say rev - I see a lot of dual sword herald while roaming in WvW and they're not too bad - of course not on thieves' levels, but they're okay. On the other hand thieves are probably way worse in PvE compared to Revs.You can also play both classes - use one for each scenario, although I could imagine some people might like to just main 1 class.

Revenant vs Thief lol Revenant is kind of a jack of all trades a little thief, warrior, healer, necro, and probably a couple more. But like a jack of all trades its master of none. Revenant has its place though. Now thief can be a lot harder to get good at which if you like a good challenge thief is for you. But if you want a lot of options go with revenant.

It sounds like you to roam in WvW. The Rev will never be comparable to the Thief in that role. On the other hand, Revs are really great in PvE, while thieves are a bit squishy there. My recommendation is to main a Rev in PvE, and use a Thief for roaming in WvW. Still, a Herald Rev can be great in WvW if he's part of a group/zerg. So if you absolutely have to have ONLY one main, go Revenant.

Archived