Setting for the glider?

@Eelph.1563 said:Hello,

is there a way to customise how the glider is deployed? In particular, can I disable that it deploys if I hold space bar?

Thanks for your help!

Sadly, no. There is no option to hold the jump key in order to deploy the glider. Then again, I don't see many players holding the jump key to glide when they can simply toggle the glider which in my opinion is far easier.

Yeah, the game doesn't give you the ability to modify how you deploy the glider. It makes certain situations in JPs annoying (where glider is enabled anyway) because of pressing the jump key for too long. Do note that regardless of how long you press the jump key, you will jump the same height.

Thanks for the answers so far. Yeah, I know that jumping height doesn't increase if you hold space bar longer, so I didn't ask because of that. My problem just is that I sometimes hold space bar a bit too long, and on difficult jumping puzzles, that can mean failure, if it deploys the glider in a bad situation.

Is it allowed to modify the keyboard information the client receives to always make it think that I always release the jumping key immediately?

As in just making a simple tap? I'm not really sure, as it might be considered a grey area when it comes to macros. I can't advise, but it seems that it takes gliding deploy consideration at the apex of your jump and only if the distance between you and the ground has increased recently.

Experiment at your own risk. Anet policy regarding macros is "1 key = 1 action" and no automation. (They do have an exception for when using an instrument -- but that's only because you can't fight whatsoever when you're playing an instrument)

I would have thought modifying the keyboard so it always reads as you've released the spacebar immediately would be ok because it doesn't violate the one key = one action rule.

Also banning things like that gets into tricky ground with accessibility settings. Windows gives users the option to do things like modify how long can be allowed between clicks in a double-click, or to ignore very fast double clicks (so for example if your hand shakes it doesn't read every click as a double click), or to change click and drag to click, release drag so you don't need to hold the button down and those settings are essential for some people.

Archived