NA and EU megaserver differences (opinion)

Hello all. I played on NA and EU servers and there is some noticable differences that people should be aware of. This is my opinion and only reflects PvE and the trade post. I don't bother with WVW or SPvP.

So in NA I notice the group finder and meta events are packed. In NA you can do auric basin / Silverwaste / night verdent brink / POF meta maps.

While in EU nobody farms any of the meta maps for loot or gold.

EU has like 20 raid premades in the group finder but that's it.

EU has a trade post with bare minimum prices. Everything is super cheap to buy and used for crafting but if you try to farm and sell mats you won't make much profit and waste time.

NA has better trade post market because farming cost time and energy. The prices are higher for crafting materials and farming is somewhat profitable.

I think EU is all about raids while NA is more diverse and you can have more fun in NA than in EU.

Granted this was my.experience for a few weeks and I didn't like it so I transferred back to a a a NA. NA has a fresh group finder.

Any ways hope this helps somebody.

EU has a trade post with bare minimum prices. Everything is super cheap to buy and used for crafting but if you try to farm and sell mats you won't make much profit and waste time.

I'm pretty sure the TP is shared between EU and NA. So, it's not two seperate markets.

If you live in North America, and you setup on a EU server, it'll be the timezones that affect the LFG, not the game or players themselves. Ofc you'll see less activity while we're (mostly) asleep.

@Anthony.3207 said:Hello all. I played on NA and EU servers and there is some noticable differences that people should be aware of. This is my opinion and only reflects PvE and the trade post. I don't bother with WVW or SPvP.

So in NA I notice the group finder and meta events are packed. In NA you can do auric basin / Silverwaste / night verdent brink / POF meta maps.

NA has better trade post market because farming cost time and energy. The prices are higher for crafting materials and farming is somewhat profitable.

I think EU is all about raids while NA is more diverse and you can have more fun in NA than in EU.

Granted this was my.experience for a few weeks and I didn't like it so I transferred back to a a a NA. NA has a fresh group finder.

So let me counter with my opinion, as a pure EU player:

• I always see multiple Groups on LFG for all the areas you mention, (with the possible exception of VB which I don't really look at - seems there's always a T4 starting there though).
  • No idea about raids since I don't play that content.
  • Trade post, as far as I know, is shared between EU and NA, so I question that difference.
  • I see lots and lots of people 'everywhere' in Open World, so I have a lot of fun in open World.
  • Dungeons are usually somewhat stale but it's usually no problem to find Groups there either.

@Anthony.3207 said:

There is only one worldwide trade post, so you might want to rethink this theory...

@Anthony.3207 said:Hello all. I played on NA and EU servers and there is some noticable differences that people should be aware of. This is my opinion and only reflects PvE and the trade post. I don't bother with WVW or SPvP.

At what time of the day do you play?

Archived