volatile magic drop rate low extremely in new chapter?

I have been doing things there almost constantly for most of the week. Unless I am using one of the special gathering tools the total volatile magic that I got is close to 0. Before it was dropping from every creature I killed. Is that happening to anyone else?

Those weird crystals that are everywhere have volatile magic in them. You have to run over them very fast to break them and get it. Tons of VM on the map actually. I figured it out by accident when a friend broke open a wall just as I was trying to as well and was a full speed. There were two crystals inside and I hit them and got it. After that I tried speeding through them when I saw the crystals and got lots of the VM.

@Aerinndis.2730 said:Those weird crystals that are everywhere have volatile magic in them. You have to run over them very fast to break them and get it. Tons of VM on the map actually. I figured it out by accident when a friend broke open a wall just as I was trying to as well and was a full speed. There were two crystals inside and I hit them and got it. After that I tried speeding through them when I saw the crystals and got lots of the VM.

Whoever thought they were good as the only way to get VM really needs to have someone playtest their stuff. If you are not mounted up (and I think only on the beetle) you do not even see them. Then when you do if you are at high speed and at the right angle and if you can hit it you get a pitiful amount of VM for your troubles. It is not like in previous maps where in an event VM and karma (assuming a couple levels of the enrichment) would be in a constant stream into your inventory.

@lokh.2695 said:

@lokh.2695 said:Rewards are probably bugged on the whole map. Will wait for a fix.

The annoying thing is anet can just ignore our complaints now and pretend this was the design.

I trust Anet enough to think that they're not ignoring it, for now. But action needs to be taken or the map will be dead in a month.

You give it that long? I give it 2-3 weeks. As to trusting them?

Looks like I will be playing with my beetle in prior POF zones.

@Menadena.7482 said:

@lokh.2695 said:Rewards are probably bugged on the whole map. Will wait for a fix.

The annoying thing is anet can just ignore our complaints now and pretend this was the design.

I trust Anet enough to think that they're not ignoring it, for now. But action needs to be taken or the map will be dead in a month.

You give it that long? I give it 2-3 weeks. As to trusting them?

Looks like I will be playing with my beetle in prior POF zones.

Well, one week is already over so if we add your 3 weeks we are at a month, right ;)

Also, I'm a fanboy, but my enthusiasm has taken a big hit with this release.

Archived