Opinion on Plaguedoctors Stats?

Blaeys.3102

Since the change to medkit, I've been running with and loving a pure healing Scrapper - mainly in open world, fractals and WvW (and one Mathias kill). Im running HP/Power/Toughness gear with pistol/shield, med kit, bulwark gyro, elixir gun, thumper turret (for blast finishers and cc) and supply crate. It is a lot of fun and I feel very useful in most situations.

The problem is - when I took it into the latest living story - I learned exactly how weak it is in terms of damage output. To counter that, I was thinking of switching to the new plaguedoctor stats (condi damage/vitality/concentration/healing power) and was wondering if people had thoughts about it. My thinking is that it will synergize better with the pistol and the elixir gun, giving me better damage output while still allowing for strong healing (and adding concentration for better boon sharing).

I would welcome any thoughts or advice on this.

@Blaeys.3102 said:

@jan.7915 said:U could simple geht Cheap exotic bersi gear for solo pve.

This is probably the course I will take.

Still curious what people think about Plaguedoctor stats for a healing engi.

Theoretically it shows a lot of promise.... but what everyone is waiting on are the Benchmarks. Whats sad is it could be a great combination in practice, but if its 2k less DPS on the benchmark then this other build, it may as well not exist.

@Blaeys.3102 said:Since the change to medkit, I've been running with and loving a pure healing Scrapper - mainly in open world, fractals and WvW (and one Mathias kill). Im running HP/Power/Toughness gear with pistol/shield, med kit, bulwark gyro, elixir gun, thumper turret (for blast finishers and cc) and supply crate. It is a lot of fun and I feel very useful in most situations.

The problem is - when I took it into the latest living story - I learned exactly how weak it is in terms of damage output. To counter that, I was thinking of switching to the new plaguedoctor stats (condi damage/vitality/concentration/healing power) and was wondering if people had thoughts about it. My thinking is that it will synergize better with the pistol and the elixir gun, giving me better damage output while still allowing for strong healing (and adding concentration for better boon sharing).

I would welcome any thoughts or advice on this.

Honestly I beleive that the APM required for condi-engi to be effective runs contrary to the actions you would need to effectively heal.Minstrels or even Cleric's would likely provide better results.

Archived