Rare loot disappearing?

Hey, I'm not really sure how to explain this, it just seems like I've noticed multiple instances of being supposed to get a rare level item, only I didn't get anything.

I've been farming awakened inquest for the golem stuff, and I saw a 'rare drop' chest appear with smoke after killing one, but I didn't loot anything besides spare parts and junk. I can't tell what it actually was as I have autoloot on.

I also tried to open 2 rare unidentified gear - one gave me a rare torch, the other just was consumed and I got nothing.

That's really anecdotal and I feel like I must be missing something or be mistaken but it's really weird.

The disappearing chest sounds normal if you have the autoloot mastery and that is for anything that is rare quality including stuff that aren't necessarily worth anything. It is also not just for gear so it also includes t6 crafting materials.

Turn on the "Game Messages > Inventory". That is more reliable than the scrolling because the scroll is slow and lags behind. Probably want to put that in a separate tab.

With "autolooting" turned on, you'll see stuff on the ground, that will instantly go into inventory. Some "trophies" or other less-interesting items also have a rarity of 'rare', e.g. Heket Tongues (which have a minor vendor value, after the first one drops for the collection).

It seems also likely that you have a special sorting bag equipped, into which exotics or crafting materials or consumables are dropping. So you won't see the loot at the top of inventory, you'll see it elsewhere.

If you're still convinced there's an issue (or haven't figured out where stuff is going), start taking regular screenshots of your inventory and do some before|after comparisons. If you aren't seeing the loot, post those shots here and we'll help you track it down.

It's very unlikely that loot is going missing for just you (and if others were affected, the forums & reddit would be full of reports; this isn't something any of us would let slide and many of us pay too-careful attention to loot in the first place).

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:It's very unlikely that loot is going missing for just you (and if others were affected, the forums & reddit would be full of reports; this isn't something any of us would let slide and many of us pay too-careful attention to loot in the first place).

Yeah that's so true. It was probably that I forgot the rare quality item might have been a material and didn't see it in the sidebar. And who knows about the unidentified rare gear but it was probably something I just missed too. Whoopsie

Archived