[Suggestion] Web portal and game blogging

I really wish ArenaNet would build up their website more to not only have forums w/hosted images but also link it into the game back end.

The players could build up their profiles to show off the achievements they want to share, have an account profile as well as profiles and back stories for their characters, blog posts both for their account and posts as if they were the character blogging. Banking, game email, TP activity, inventory, etc could be handled on the site. I'd also like to see an active world map web interface so that you could have a running world map for the character you are playing in a browser. This would be useful for people who have multi-monitor/multi-PC setups.

They could add a /blog to the game to directly blog from the game as the character or a auto-blog feature so that the first time the character accomplishes something the character's herald could add it to the blog.

@Tekoneiric.6817 said:

The players could build up their profiles to show off the achievements they want to share, have an account profile as well as profiles and back stories for their characters

This would be nice, I got used to having better features when I played WoW, the forum avatars having links to achievements on the armory etc.

Archived