The envoys

Bast.7253

So until this weekend I didn't even know who they were. Now I'm wondering how https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Emissary_Heleyne managed to travel all the way through the mists to the Marvel Cinematics universe....

These seem like really interesting characters and I wonder if we will ever see them in Guild Wars 2. I haven't played the full story yet so I'm not sure if they're still around in the time of Guild Wars 2.

@"cptaylor.2670" said:So until this weekend I didn't even know who they were. Now I'm wondering how https://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Emissary_Heleyne managed to travel all the way through the mists to the Marvel Cinematics universe....

These seem like really interesting characters and I wonder if we will ever see them in Guild Wars 2. I haven't played the full story yet so I'm not sure if they're still around in the time of Guild Wars 2.

I imagine they are still around. Have a boo at wooden potatoes faction video. Bit of a shame that the raid had literally nothing to do with the Envoys...

Well, the Envoys were employed by the Oracle of the Mists, who during GW1 had some qualms about the Celestial Ministry. It's entirely plausible the Ministry of Purity would do something combat them, though given that it's tradition for emperors to become Weh no Su, it's equally (if not more) likely that the Oracle of the Mists remained (if there was a change, I'd imagine that the Oracle was forced to remain stationary). Were the Oracle removed, the Envoys wouldn't be bound anymore.

Even if the Oracle remained, however, and kept the Envoys doing their job, said job was meant to be penance for crimes, which would suggest that after x many years/decades/centuries, they'd be let go to their proper afterlife (which would no doubt be greater than before serving penance). So the Envoys we could meet in Cantha of GW2 may be entirely different from those of GW1.

I think we might get to meet an Envoy sometime, but it will be someone much different from the Envoys in Cantha. An interesting idea would also be if the Oracle demanded the Commander become an Envoy because they perceive his killing the Dragons an affront against the balance of the world.

Archived