[WvW] Need help: Chrono vs Mirage pros and cons

Omnicron.2467

Hi there! I posted this in WvW spection but did not get any advice :) I am interested in trying out some Mesmer play in WvW and was wondering what the pros and cons of Mirage vs Chrono are in term of mobility, roaming, dueling, and zerging. Would relly appreciate some insight and build examples!

Mobility: MirageRoaming: Mirage (due to mobility)Dueling: Either (Mirage is a little better imo)Zerging: Depends. Mirage is fine at ganking backline. Chrono is better at supporting, but it can build to gank just fine too.

Example power mirage: http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQNAR8fnELDNqhlpB2oBMMjlTDjMAsAWOljgmTCwvBOBvgA-jFCFABXpEs6jAgc7PswFBAgHAASK/ST3Qhq/EA4Aw5nf+5nfeN/8zP/8zP/8zPvQACGDA-wEverything is pretty flex though, with pros/cons. I run traveler runes on all Mirage builds b/c I can't stand being slow and I'm too lazy to swap to focus for swiftness.

Edit: I should add, zerker is squishy. You'll need to be on your toes and expect to be ganked by an occasional 1-shot. You might wanna swap some zerker with marauder for more vitality. Some people like to have some toughness, but I prefer more damage. The power creep in this game has gotten to a point where you'll likely get 1-shot or destroyed in a couple seconds even with a ton of toughness. It's better to react quickly with dodges/invuln/evade, etc.

Archived