Arcane thievery and sigil of concentration

eldenbri.1059

I continue to experiment with arcane thievery. While the times that it fails are very frustrating, it's a really interesting utility.

Does anyone know if the stolen boons are considered to be "applied" to you when you steal them? The wiki has a note that says "steals the full duration of boons", but I don't know what that exactly means.

Basically, I'm wondering if sigil of concentration would add 33% to the duration of the stolen boons.

Thx!

"steals the full duration of boons" means its steals the whole stack and its duration..... kind of like Epi used to work with the full condition duration. Compare that to Signet of Inspiration, which used to copy the whole duration, but then they changed it to only apply a "fixed duration" version of each eligible boon.

It should also count as an apply, but I don't know if it steals the whole stack, or gives 1 stack at the total duration of the stolen stack.

@Hot Boy.7138 said:Sigil of concentration doesn't work with arcane thievery. Arcane thievery takes whatever duration is remaining on the boons. So it depends on the initial caster's duration and the time limit left on it when you take it. You can't extend the time.

This!Sigil of Concentration only affects boons YOU, yourself apply. I am pretty sure it doesn't affect boons provided by other sigils and runes, just traits and skills.

@Arlette.9684 said:

@Hot Boy.7138 said:Sigil of concentration doesn't work with arcane thievery. Arcane thievery takes whatever duration is remaining on the boons. So it depends on the initial caster's duration and the time limit left on it when you take it. You can't extend the time.

This!Sigil of Concentration only affects boons YOU, yourself apply. I am pretty sure it doesn't affect boons provided by other sigils and runes, just traits and skills.

I always have Arcane Thievery on my bar. So i just wanted to add some issues I have with the skill. Even though it takes boons that someone else applied, and the duration left on it, It does NOT take the stats from the initial caster. Regeneration you steal from a heal guardian won't heal you for the same amount per tic if you do not have that same amount of healing power. Your own stats are applied to the boons you steal. And your own stats are applied to the conditions you send back to the target. So lets say some burn guard puts 8 stacks of burning on you that will probably tic for 2500 a second, and you use arcane thievery to transfer those stacks back to the guardian, it will tic for the lowest amount of damage if you do not have that same amount of condition damage.

So arcane thievery is a cool spell. I like it a lot. But it is greatly flawed because it is not a true transfer. A true transfer would keep the intial caster's stats in mind when transferring conditions and boons.

@Hot Boy.7138 said:

I always have Arcane Thievery on my bar. So i just wanted to add some issues I have with the skill. Even though it takes boons that someone else applied, and the duration left on it, It does NOT take the stats from the initial caster. Regeneration you steal from a heal guardian won't heal you for the same amount per tic if you do not have that same amount of healing power. Your own stats are applied to the boons you steal. And your own stats are applied to the conditions you send back to the target. So lets say some burn guard puts 8 stacks of burning on you that will probably tic for 2500 a second, and you use arcane thievery to transfer those stacks back to the guardian, it will tic for the lowest amount of damage if you do not have that same amount of condition damage.

So arcane thievery is a cool spell. I like it a lot. But it is greatly flawed because it is not a true transfer. A true transfer would keep the intial caster's stats in mind when transferring conditions and boons.

This is the game design and while it may have its downside, the alternative would likely overload the code substantially.You wouldn’t typically slot AT (personally never ever in its current form) unless you’re planning to capitalize on it.

@Arlette.9684 said:

This is the game design and while it may have its downside, the alternative would likely overload the code substantially.You wouldn’t typically slot AT (personally never ever in its current form) unless you’re planning to capitalize on it.

I believe they have the tech already, because thieves can share their poison coats (not sure the name) with other players in their group. When the other players apply those condis, they use the theif's stats. So it's definitely a design decision. I think it's really an oversight, at least in pvp. In pve, I understand some restrictions because stealing regen from a boss could be game breaking. But stealing it from that heal guardian in spvp not so much. I'm hoping the devs take another look at the transfer of boons/condis and the stats that's applied.

Thanks - super helpful! I have been using Arcane Thievery in a variety of builds, but know that my condi damage affects the transferred conditions is something I didn't know.

It's such a cool skill when it works. And then sometimes... it just doesn't work. But I've been sticking with it for a while now.

@eldenbri.1059 said:Thanks - super helpful! I have been using Arcane Thievery in a variety of builds, but know that my condi damage affects the transferred conditions is something I didn't know.

It's such a cool skill when it works. And then sometimes... it just doesn't work. But I've been sticking with it for a while now.

I run a power build and I always use this skill. I never have it fail. In which situations isn't it working for you?

I'm guessing it's a range issue or an obstruction when it doesn't work for me. What can happen is that I get in a tricky spot and I'm running away and trying to dump the condi's while I'm running. And then they just stay there on me...

I did catch one case on video where it showed an "out of range" message on the screen

Archived