Zerg-Busting + Havoc w/ Voice | [GoE]

Waylander.2103

Warning: Video contains German audio! This probably doesn't fall in the category "Roaming" anymore, but it's still nice to see what's possible in WvW with a solid setup and good communication.If you have any questions regarding anything feel free to leave a comment or write me ingame.

@Tehologist.5841 said:That was great what is the 5 man setup for your team? Spellbreaker, holo, firebrand and what else?

Thanks! Our five man setup is

Firebrand for boons, condi cleanse, sustainSpellbreaker for its elite tbh, but it also has some nice CC and DPSBoonshare Mesmer for boons, portal plays and utilityAnd any 2 DPS classes, mostly Holo, Reaper or Rev.Scourge is another super strong option, but we try to run a non-condi setup since condis promote a boring, passive playstyle, so we try to run a full power comp, even though it’s a bit weaker probably.

@Waylander.2103 said:Scourge is another super strong option, but we try to run a non-condi setup since condis promote a boring, passive playstyle, so we try to run a full power comp, even though it’s a bit weaker probably.

and here i thought running supporters in roaming is boring passive playstyle, because you will need a bigger opposing team or ones that run supporters aswell yet pug groups usually wont have supporters cause well who goes roaming on a supporter..like this you will be able to just rez through any more or less even numbered fights against pugs. carried by downstate.

@MUDse.7623 said:

@Waylander.2103 said:Scourge is another super strong option, but we try to run a non-condi setup since condis promote a boring, passive playstyle, so we try to run a full power comp, even though it’s a bit weaker probably.

and here i thought running supporters in roaming is boring passive playstyle, because you will need a bigger opposing team or ones that run supporters aswell yet pug groups usually wont have supporters cause well who goes roaming on a supporter..like this you will be able to just rez through any more or less even numbered fights against pugs. carried by downstate.

I think every roamer would agree with that statement that bringing supports means you need to change your fight targets. If a guild is bringing 2 supports in a group of 4-5 and only choosing to fight against 5-7 pugs then it's really lame since it won't (shouldn't) be a challenge. However if you ignore those fights and aim to mainly hit guild groups of 10+ (ie typical bad zerg guilds that will have support) or take on 14+ pugs then it gets interesting again.

Just taking a support or taking condi or playing cheese builds doesn't inherently make a video bad or boring. It really comes down to what you're doing with your group.

I'd disagree with the idea that power comps are weaker for groups 5-10 nowadays anyways, but maybe the meta is different enough on EU.

Maybe you should view the actual video first, it‘s not like we‘re fighting 5 Pug Rangers, why would you need a setup for that. Any half decent group runs Firebrands nowadays, if you have a 5v5 against equally skilled opponents and they run support classes and you don‘t, you lose, easy as that.We aim to fight bigger and organised groups with proper builds where positioning etc. matters, and not chasing some camp flippers. I agree it‘s passive and boring to duo or triple roam with supportes, but that‘s not what we are doing here or with a 5 person setup.

I think every roamer would agree with that statement that bringing supports means you need to change your fight targets. If a guild is bringing 2 supports in a group of 4-5 and only choosing to fight against 5-7 pugs then it's really lame since it won't (shouldn't) be a challenge. However if you ignore those fights and aim to mainly hit guild groups of 10+ (ie typical bad zerg guilds that will have support) or take on 14+ pugs then it gets interesting again.

Just taking a support or taking condi or playing cheese builds doesn't inherently make a video bad or boring. It really comes down to what you're doing with your group.

This is a very true statement and pretty much explains what I was trying to say, thanks for that!

@Tehologist.5841 said:What about your 10 man, is the preferred setup different or just more dps?

Well 10 man is basically just 2 5-man groups so 2xFirebrands, 2 Warriors (at least 1, but having another elite is pretty nice), at least 1 Mesmer still for portals and gravity well and stuff, and 4-5 DPS classes of your choosing e.g.: Holo, Rev, Reaper, Scourge, we even have a staff weaver sometimes.But you need at least one Firebrand for every 5 people, since the boons and healing only affect 5 people at the same time.

@Waylander.2103 said:

@Tehologist.5841 said:What about your 10 man, is the preferred setup different or just more dps?

Well 10 man is basically just 2 5-man groups so 2xFirebrands, 2 Warriors (at least 1, but having another elite is pretty nice), at least 1 Mesmer still for portals and gravity well and stuff, and 4-5 DPS classes of your choosing e.g.: Holo, Rev, Reaper, Scourge, we even have a staff weaver sometimes.But you need at least one Firebrand for every 5 people, since the boons and healing only affect 5 people at the same time.

Pft, no thieves.

@Waylander.2103 said:

Maybe you should view the actual video first, it‘s not like we‘re fighting 5 Pug Rangers, why would you need a setup for that. Any half decent group runs Firebrands nowadays, if you have a 5v5 against equally skilled opponents and they run support classes and you don‘t, you lose, easy as that.We aim to fight bigger and organised groups with proper builds where positioning etc. matters, and not chasing some camp flippers. I agree it‘s passive and boring to duo or triple roam with supportes, but that‘s not what we are doing here or with a 5 person setup.

oh i did watch the video first, i think i didnt say anything about it, cause i was bored watching it. guess i was a little off topic, just replied to your statement that condi was boring passive playstyle. if you just had said condi is weaker than power, there i would have agreed.as for your guild, i know you often run without support in smaller numbers but the fights then look way different then in the video.you will run much more often into 1-5 people or a zerg then into 10-15 people so running a 5 man setup with support you might aim to fight 10-15 but thats often not what you will face making you still run easymode or is half of your group watching when you face too small numbers for your setup?regarding 5 pug rangers.. pug doesnt mean they are bad , just that they are not as organised in a group as you are, they might lack communication but they can perfectly be individually on your skill level or above and kill you.

Archived